Edelbrock 1407 in 73 Mach 1 Q

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1
351C Q car
C6 trans
I recently purchased this project car and it has some mods done to the engine. It has an Edelbrock 1407 carb and a Torker 351 manifold. Looking for some thoughts and opinions on this setup. I have posted some pics to show the current state. Also looking for any recommend fixes or changes I need to make.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0842.jpg
    IMG_0842.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0844.jpg
    IMG_0844.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0843.jpg
    IMG_0843.jpg
  • IMG_0845.jpg
    IMG_0845.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0846.jpg
    IMG_0846.jpg
  • IMG_0847.jpg
    IMG_0847.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0848.jpg
    IMG_0848.jpg
  • IMG_0849.jpg
    IMG_0849.jpg
  • IMG_0850.jpg
    IMG_0850.jpg
  • IMG_0851.jpg
    IMG_0851.jpg
  • IMG_0852.jpg
    IMG_0852.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0853.jpg
    IMG_0853.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0854.jpg
    IMG_0854.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I don't see anything major that sticks out. The carb could probably use some fresh gaskets, and the throttle cable bracket should be raised a bit to give a straight shot at the throttle arm.

I recently purchased this project car and it has some mods done to the engine. It has an Edelbrock 1407 carb and a Torker 351 manifold. Looking for some thoughts and opinions on this setup. I have posted some pics to show the current state. Also looking for any recommend fixes or changes I need to make.

Thanks
Suggest you check fuel lines and connections for safety, then take it out for a drive. See what it feels like and proceed from there. Hopefully your cam and rear end gears are happy with the Torker. Keep us posted...

Suggest you check fuel lines and connections for safety, then take it out for a drive. See what it feels like and proceed from there. Hopefully your cam and rear end gears are happy with the Torker. Keep us posted...
I will check the fuel lines. I need to add a fuel filter too. What should my concern for my cam and rear end be?

Thanks

I've run a couple Cleveland Torkers over the years and like them. They rate towards the "street/strip" category of manifolds. They like some gearing, say 3:50 or more, especially with auto trans. They also like some rpms thus a hotter then stock cam is typically in order. Just saying everything works better when well matched. Drive your setup and report back your results-we're here to help!

I talked to the guy I got it from. He was not the one that put the performance parts on. He did have the engine rebuilt and the put a "mild cam" in it. Left the other performance parts such push rods and roller rocker arms. It has an auto C6 transmission and I'm not sure about the rear end. I'm looking to pop it open and see what's inside. Not sure why he didn't match the cam back up with the rest of the parts.

Back