EFI setup complete from a 5.0

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don65Stang

Reaction score
My Car
Several.
I have a mass air EFI setup from a 5.0L mustang. A9L computer, wiring harness, sensors, upper & lower intakes, throttle body, egr, injectors, fuel rail, shorty headers, and most all the other stuff needed to add EFI to your 302. I've got over $600 in it. $500 & shipping makes it yours.

This was going to go on my 65 but I'm undecided as to what engine is going back in it. Selling this stuff funds that choice. Possible trades welcome...such as a running engine for the 65. Every engine deal I come across for the 65 falls through for some reason or another. Anyway, back on topic...whatcha got?

I have a mass air EFI setup from a 5.0L mustang. A9L computer, wiring harness, sensors, upper & lower intakes, throttle body, egr, injectors, fuel rail, shorty headers, and most all the other stuff needed to add EFI to your 302. I've got over $600 in it. $500 & shipping makes it yours.

This was going to go on my 65 but I'm undecided as to what engine is going back in it. Selling this stuff funds that choice. Possible trades welcome...such as a running engine for the 65. Every engine deal I come across for the 65 falls through for some reason or another. Anyway, back on topic...whatcha got?
Don,

I already have collected all these parts for my own efi setup for my 302, but this post made me realize you might be able to answer something for me. I am currently looking for some shorty headers (i just took the 302 in for a rebuild). I will be running GT-40p heads, and I am looking for some shorty headers that would mate to the heads and also fit snug in my 73. Any thoughts?

Don,

I already have collected all these parts for my own efi setup for my 302, but this post made me realize you might be able to answer something for me. I am currently looking for some shorty headers (i just took the 302 in for a rebuild). I will be running GT-40p heads, and I am looking for some shorty headers that would mate to the heads and also fit snug in my 73. Any thoughts?
I know the 40p head is different from the 40 head so headers probably are not swappable. I don't recall reading about anyone on here using shorty headers on their 71-73s. Have you tried fitting any 40p headers on the car? I'm afraid it will be a trial and error because you are paving the way with this swap.

That is a very good price. I did the same swap on my son's 71 Maverick. Is it for an automatic or standard?
The A9L computer is for a manual trans but I believe I read that it would work for an auto trans.

The A9L processor will work for either auto or standard. It is the desirable option for the EFI swaps and also for 87-93 mass air equipped Mustangs.

The AOD auto in the late model Mustangs up to 1993 were shifted by throttle pressure (TVS cable) connected to the throttle body.

Electronic shifted AODE began in 1994 on the Mustang.

Back