Electric Fan Pictures

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went with a BeCool drop in system. Best photos I have.

lcQo5ML.jpg

IR5pMxF.jpg

Running a champion 3 row radiator with shroud and 2 12" spal fans. Worked great for my setup at the time with the Blueprint Engines 347 stroker and afr heads. Motor made around 420-430 hp. Ran a 180 thermostat and 190 Mr. Cool temp switch for one fan. Which one fan worked great but the second I had wired for key on/off power incase I needed more cooling in stopped traffic. In the future i may add a turbo timer to shut the fan off after a period of running. For the time I drove the car never had an issue.
I will say do not follow champion's instructions for fan wiring. They state to run both fans off one relay and amp breaker first drive i did with it wired that way fried the breaker and relay. Even after some time on the phone with them, sent pictures and what not they still were firm on the wiring. But after I changed it as stated above zero issues. Now on to a bigger badder motor and S/C setup.
I like your serpentine set up. Did you buy it as a kit or junkyard scrounge?

I did add two led lights for the fans. One for the fan wired to the temp switch and one to the manually switched fan. Getting power from the output side of the corresponding relays. I have a video that is 47 seconds but is too large to upload. Basically just me running the temp fan constant and flipping the switch showing the led coming on and off. But and I'm sure there is a diode or something to stop an issue I had with the leds. But when the fans were off from cool temps while driving at highway the leds would dimmly glow from the fans spinning. As soon as I slowed down they would shut off. Regardless cheap insurance to know the fans were on. At idle you can here them but driving and loud exhaust they were hard to hear.
I am not an expert in wiring but it sounds like your partial power in off mode might be a ground loop. Did you take your ground back to the main harness ground at your engine or transmission? If you take it back to one of those main points you will keep the same ground as the charging system without your ground wire creating its own loop.

I went with a BeCool drop in system. Best photos I have.

lcQo5ML.jpg

IR5pMxF.jpg
Nice engine bay. I see fuel rails, what type of ignition system are you running there, I am setting up an EEC-V from a 2004 Town Car for SEFI Coil on Plug? Also interested in the serpentine system as well as the type of A/C compressor. That is exactly what I am looking for on my build.

Nice engine bay. I see fuel rails, what type of ignition system are you running there, I am setting up an EEC-V from a 2004 Town Car for SEFI Coil on Plug? Also interested in the serpentine system as well as the type of A/C compressor. That is exactly what I am looking for on my build.
It's an Edelbrock Pro Flow 4 system. The serpentine system is a Vintage Air Front Runner that includes the A/C compressor, PS pump and alternator.

yS8zEFV.jpg

5aIYnFK.jpg

It's an Edelbrock Pro Flow 4 system. The serpentine system is a Vintage Air Front Runner that includes the A/C compressor, PS pump and alternator.

yS8zEFV.jpg

5aIYnFK.jpg
Very nice, that stuff is not cheap.

Back