Engine/dyno/speed programs

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbrew2

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mustang convertible
A bunch of years ago I had a computer program that allowed you to enter specifics about an engine build, sometimes even by manufacturer, that would let you enter different components and then estimate HP/Torque results. Then it would take your numbers and estimate 1/4 mile times and top speeds based upon the aerodynamics of the specific car that you were working with. At the time I was building an engine for a 68 shelby gt 500 and the program was within 20 HP/Torque ratings of the actual dyno results. I found the program to be remarkably accurate as it said 1/4 mile times were N/A due to lack of traction and top end was estimated to be 180+mph. I never acheived that top end speed due to lack of nerve on my part but at 150 the car was still pulling strong and had over 1000 rpm left before redline. 

Unfortunately, this was maybe 3-4 computers ago and I didn't save this particular program.  Any similar programs out there that are fairly accurate?

A bunch of years ago I had a computer program that allowed you to enter specifics about an engine build, sometimes even by manufacturer, that would let you enter different components and then estimate HP/Torque results. Then it would take your numbers and estimate 1/4 mile times and top speeds based upon the aerodynamics of the specific car that you were working with. At the time I was building an engine for a 68 shelby gt 500 and the program was within 20 HP/Torque ratings of the actual dyno results. I found the program to be remarkably accurate as it said 1/4 mile times were N/A due to lack of traction and top end was estimated to be 180+mph. I never acheived that top end speed due to lack of nerve on my part but at 150 the car was still pulling strong and had over 1000 rpm left before redline. 

Unfortunately, this was maybe 3-4 computers ago and I didn't save this particular program.  Any similar programs out there that are fairly accurate?
may be this site can help you

wracetxt9.jpg

Dynomation, Performance Trends, and Pipe Max are reasonable accurate but require a lot of real data to be accurate and the software is not inexpensive. Chuck

Latest posts

Back