Exhaust Tips (aftermarket)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunderguns71

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Fastback small block, now 429.
What is everyone using with mandrel bent 2.5" exhaust? I have the cutouts in my valance and I'm looking to replace the Mach1 style tips with something very similar, but that is 2.5" inlet instead of the factory 2" inlet. Any ideas?

I have a Pypes 2.5" stainless exhaust, and I decided to go with the Pypes 2.5" slash-cut tips. Probably a little smaller than the stockers, but I like 'em. They're "clamp-on," but I'll be having them welded on by an exhaust shop when they get my hangers squared away and weld-up the rest of the system.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pye-evt49/overview/

pye-evt49_w.jpg

Summit Racing has a ton of tips (very reasonable prices as well)... you might head over there and use the Search filters to spec-out exactly what you want.

I had 16" long, 3" stainless slash cut stainless tips made about 20 years ago...they still look brand new.

They neck down to 2.5" and are welded to the tailpipes. They are long enough so that they reach far enough back under that you cannot see them attached to a smaller pipe, which was always a pet-peeve of mine with the OEM set-up.

I really like the MBSR tips with their low-profile clamps and rolled edges... but yeah, I wanted a little more slant to the ends as well.

Everything presented so far look like nice, solid products. I don't think a guy could go wrong with any of them. ::thumb::

The logo emblazoned on them screams cheap.

I don't think your going to see much of the emblem once they are installed almost flush to the valance & higher than stock..unless you want to lay on the floor & look..as a matter of fact I was planing to make a custom valance with the tips cutouts fully in the valance instead of the normal half moon cutout..I have a extra non exhaust cutout valance..time to get busy :D

Once I'm done it's gonna scream $$$$ 1 of a kind hand fabricated ..

IMG_0463.JPG

I don't think your going to see much of the emblem once they are installed almost flush to the valance & higher than stock
You're going for the prototype buck look? That will look fantastic; much better than stock.

1971_00073_02.jpg

-Kurt

I don't think your going to see much of the emblem once they are installed almost flush to the valance & higher than stock..unless you want to lay on the floor & look..as a matter of fact I was planing to make a custom valance with the tips cutouts fully in the valance instead of the normal half moon cutout..I have a extra non exhaust cutout valance..time to get busy :D

Once I'm done it's gonna scream $$$$ 1 of a kind hand fabricated ..
Yep, through the valance with that slant will probably look more aligned than a more angled slant. The rolled lip will fly with that as well.

Back