F-i-n-a-l-l-y I’m going to be an owner, not just lurker

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome

What rims do you have? They remind me the ones I had on my first Mustang, was a 73 Grandé.
They're certainly not factory, but I’ll get up close and see if there are manufacturer’s marks.
Generally the brand name will be cast on the back side of the wheel. My guess is they are Western Cyclone Turbines, Very late 70's period correct. 

towards the bottom of the page....

https://www.akhwheels.com/pages/inventory.php?cat=1

Welcome

What rims do you have? They remind me the ones I had on my first Mustang, was a 73 Grandé.
They're certainly not factory, but I’ll get up close and see if there are manufacturer’s marks.
Generally the brand name will be cast on the back side of the wheel. My guess is they are Western Cyclone Turbines, Very late 70's period correct. 

towards the bottom of the page....

https://www.akhwheels.com/pages/inventory.php?cat=1
Late 70s you say?  That’s nearly a reason to keep them. I do sorta like them, and for now anyway, wheels are the least of my concerns. But documenting what I’ve got is awesome - thanks.

F-i-n-a-l-l-y I’m going to be an owner, not just lurker
[/b]

Greetings all - Yes, finally found my Mustang! I’ve searched, watched and waited until the right combo of features, condition and $ hit the sweet spot. There only so long one can tolerate “D’oh! Missed another one”, right?

And I’m quite sure I’ll be back with many questions, but for now, the specs: 1973 Mustang Convertible, 351 4V CJ, C6, Mach 1 decor package, nicely optioned (a/c, p/s, p/b, p/w, Rally Pac gauges), medium yellow with black cloth interior. Literally a “barn find”, but once cleaned up, gassed up and charged up, started the first time. That’s promising.

Many discoveries to be made, I’m sure, once I get it home. THEN the fun begins! I’m planning to stay true to authentic as possible, certainly no irreversible or obvious changes but perhaps a few upgrades (eventually) such as tilt wheel & cruise.

ALL tips/tricks/hints/suggestions welcome.

Very nice, and worth the wait!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice find. Lots of options....I see you have intermittent wipers

You have the Instrumentation group including a tachometer , trip odometer, oil pressure, temperature, and ammeter gauges.

Looks like you have the convenience group option too. ..trunk and hood lights , glove compartment and map lights, the lights on warning buzzer , automatic seatback release, under dash courtesy lights (standard on convertibles), parking brake warning light and glove compartment key lock.

Back