Factory quality of an original kept 1973 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Tim - that is perfect! Thanks. The reason I was asking is that I saw that this car has a 70 amp side terminal alternator so my assumption was that it must have a rear window defroster. I see in the list of options that it does and has power windows as well. My 4 speed car has those same options. This car seems to be unusually equipped with the fold down rear seat, power windows, three spoke wheel but with standard interior. I haven't seen too many cars with power windows that also have the standard interior. The medium yellow gold is not a common color either. Do you have any photos of the interior?

The 2.75 ratio traction lok seems unusual as well.

By the way, great photo documentation of this low mile original. We can use your photos to document how these cars were originally built.

Some inside photos :

Added under dash/steering wheel: switch for rear fog light(pic.3388)

why black paint sprayed under sail panel... i don't know ! (pic.3395)

:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Eddy,

missed you here - thank you for the great additional photos of the interior!

It prompts some questions...

Yes, the overspray in the rear is damn ugly! But what about the cockpit - the instruments bezel looks a bit strange - shouldn't it have some chrome around the instruments? The same for the center bezel - shouldn't it have some fake wood trim in the upper half and some chrome around the instruments on a Mach 1?

All other seems to be correct from my current knowledge...

Yes Tim - that is perfect! Thanks. The reason I was asking is that I saw that this car has a 70 amp side terminal alternator so my assumption was that it must have a rear window defroster. I see in the list of options that it does and has power windows as well. My 4 speed car has those same options. This car seems to be unusually equipped with the fold down rear seat, power windows, three spoke wheel but with standard interior. I haven't seen too many cars with power windows that also have the standard interior. The medium yellow gold is not a common color either. Do you have any photos of the interior?

By the way, great photo documentation of this low mile original. We can use your photos to document how these cars were originally built.
Your welcome - thanks Steve!

Thanks to Eddy who has completed the documetation by providing the right interior views ::thumb::

Last edited by a moderator:
Eddy,

missed you here - thank you for the great additional photos of the interior!

It prompts some questions...

Yes, the overspray in the rear is damn ugly! But what about the cockpit - the instruments bezel looks a bit strange - shouldn't it have some chrome around the instruments? The same for the center bezel - shouldn't it have some fake wood trim in the upper half and some chrome around the instruments on a Mach 1?

All other seems to be correct from my current knowledge...

I am thinking because this car was not ordered with the Mach 1 Sports Interior option it got the plain dash with no woodgrain. I can't imagine the paint or whatever is on that sail panel came from the factory that way. This car was ordered with a strange combination of options. Although I did not see pictures of the door panels with the power window switches I assume they are there. That is also something not seen often. Just my observations, not sure if I am right about the dash but it sounds logical to me.

Mike

Your welcome - thanks Steve!

Thanks to Eddy who has completed the documetation by providing the right interior views ::thumb::

Back