Finished 71 interior

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just purchased a long console that needs to be painted...is it gloss or satin/matte finish? BTW yours looks really good!
Thanks. I actually rebuilt mine about a year ago. I purchases it on EBay and it was cracked all over and had parts of it broken off. I put it all back together, fiber glassed it from behind, used some filler to fill some areas in, used a texture product from Walmart to hide it all, light sanding to blend the texture, and then painted. Used info from forum member Q to get it all done. I'm happy with it.

I used a metallic lacquer black paint that you can get from Eastwood or NPD. Just make sure it is for hard plastic or metal. I used it throughout the car so everything would be uniformed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great. I love those dash lights.
Me too, except for the fuel light everything worked out fine.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow looks very nice! Good for you I bet you're enjoying it. Wish I could enjoy mine.:s
Thanks.

I have been but we've had bad weather for two weeks. Im in my first car show next Saturday and hopefully the forecasted rain goes away.

Back