First car?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first car at the age of 14 was a 1973 mustang Grande. I told myself if I ever get to a point to get another one I will. I pick up a 73 Mustang convetible tomorrow.

My first car was a 63 Falcon Futura 2dr. 140" 6cyl with a 2 speed cruiseomatic. It was the slowest car at my High School. I drove that car from 1974 to 1976.

For my first Mustang... see below
LOL....we have something in common!

my first car was a 62 Chevy II 4door rust so bad we'd throw our...no actually just drop our beer cans on the floor and in the street they went. 6 cyl...with the 3 on the tree....smoke so bad you almost couldnt see behind me. I seriously would NOT ask a girl out. I parked that POS down the road and walked the rest of the way..(no kidding) then i got bumped up to refinement and luxury when my aunt so me her 50 plymouth Cranbrook (I think) really ugly too but ran like a top. (still didnt ask girls out unless i was with a friend and HIS car)

THEN I hit the big time.... 63 granny Falcon white 2 door blue interior. the 6 was swapped out for a 302 and 4sp from a wrecked Maverick GT

First Mustang was about 1990 ... a 65 man I was proud of that car.

1994 Dodge Dakota Pick-up

...my second was an electric green 2000 V6 Mustang

simpsons04.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
img007.jpgMy first car really started something! It was a '72 Mach 1, 351 2V car that I bought from an uncle who was the original owner in 1983. It was my daily driver and had only 17K miles on it. Sadly I discovered a couple of years later that Mach 1's are not too good on black ice... :(

img008.jpg

My first car was a 69 VW bug that I ran in the woods. My parents wouldn't let me get a dirt bike because they thought that it was to dangerous. I am glad that they never saw me driving the bug :angel:

My first street driven car was a 69 VW bug that had been in a fire and needed a engine and wiring harness. I removed the engine and wiring harness from my woods bug and built my first car. Funny thing is that that bug only lasted 1 year before it had an engine fire. I replaced that with a 72 firebird that my next door neighboor gave me. His dad was a car hoarder with ~200 cars left to rot on his farm. My neighbor felt bad when my bug caught fire so he talked his dad into giving up one of his cars from the farm. I can still remember the day when I came home from school (12th grade) and the firebird was sitting in the driveway. I asked my mom whose car that was and she had this big sh#t eating grin on her face when she it was mine. I drove that car thru 3 years of college before selling it.

My first Mustang was a 89 GT that I purchased after graduating from college. I would have purchased a Trans AM except the stupid car salemen would not let me drive it off their lot. I bought the Mustang the next day. After I bought the mustang, I went back to the dealership and asked to speak to the sales manager. I told him that I just purchased the Mustang because his stupid salesmen would not let me drive a Trans AM on the road. I have been driving Fords ever since!

Currently have a 2003 F250 and the 73 convertible.

Mike

1960 Buick Le Sabre. 364 Nailhead with Dynaflow. Cost $150. Sold a year later for $50.

60 Buick.jpg

My son, in his 71 baby we now nurse along:

(my best chance at acquiring a 3rd mustang in the seat next to him)Justin in his car.jpg

My first car (64 chevy nova 4-door with a straight 6):

Jays first car.jpg

And my "first real car" - a 69 mustang coupe- which I drove for a decade, then spent far too long is good storage, and is now is full restoration:

Jay & his 69.jpg

My son, in his 71 baby we now nurse along:

(my best chance at acquiring a 3rd mustang in the seat next to him)

My first car (64 chevy nova 4-door with a straight 6):

And my "first real car" - a 69 mustang coupe- which I drove for a decade, then spent far too long is good storage, and is now is full restoration:
Have you posted on the faces to the screen name yet? Just curiouse.

my first car was a Citroen 2cv6... driving in the winter with a blanket over yourself to keep warm :D..

my first Mustang was a 1972 Grande which i still have almost 14 years later.

the second Mustang was a 1988 Mustang LX converted to the 4-eye look, i NEVER should have sold that thing,.. it had some engine work done, man that thing was fast...

(edit found a pic of it..)

howdotoaburnout2.jpg

1983 Datsun 280 zx. With rust holes the size of matzo balls.

Floor pans rotted to hell. Every time I'd go through a puddle or it rained, I had 2 inches of water by my feet and the passengers feet.

Smelled like a big wet dirty dog.

It was plumb crazy!

Oh how I want another!!!

My first car and first Mustang was the same car. At 15 I was given my dad's 71 FB. The same car I am rebuilding right now. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346511809.694107.jpg. This picture was from my senior year in high school (Fall 1991).

Back