First "real" pic with painted bumper

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike,

The bumper looks awesome!

What happened to the black A pillars?

...Mickus
Good eye for details!! :)

I did the black out of the windshield trim with plasti dip at the time because I wanted to see what it looked like.

After a while some of the bugs sacrificing their lives on the trim while I was driving on the freeway succeeded in wearing the finish off in some places which is why I had to completely remove it. It's probably gonna be black again eventually as I have a spare set of trim and I'm gonna have one blacked out.

Should have been a winter project but I was reluctant to remove the trim as there is silicone all around it to keep water from leaking underneath it into the car on the freeway.

Mike,

that looks great ::thumb::

The yellow bumper much more integrates in your general view of the car!

And did I mention that I like the look of your dark Magnums with the white letter tires? That looks meeeeeeeeeean :bravo:

I am in the same mood for a wheel/tire-combination and thought of a combination like this - without trim rings:

20932_671030b6a4_low_res.jpg

With that and all my blackening on the car I think that could look good, too. I have ordered already the hub caps in a sensational good condition... :D

I'm completely in love with that stance!

The black Magnums are back! YES!

Mike, your vert has always had a fantastic look to it in virtually every iteration, but as everyone says - the paint-matched bumper is the icing and frosting all at once. Not to mention that you've pretty much set the standard for stance perfection for modded '71-73 convertibles.

That, and it looks like Eleanor turned into a convertible. Epic win of the century.

-Kurt

The black Magnums are back! YES!

Mike, your vert has always had a fantastic look to it in virtually every iteration, but as everyone says - the paint-matched bumper is the icing and frosting all at once. Not to mention that you've pretty much set the standard for stance perfection for modded '71-73 convertibles.

That, and it looks like Eleanor turned into a convertible. Epic win of the century.

-Kurt
Thanks Kurt. It was you who wrote "it's like the Tom Jones of 123 Mustangs" a while back. I loved that expression. :)

If everyone likes those black rims that much I wonder if maybe I should get some rims that look more race like, like "D window" rims or something. Remember these painted Magnums were only a quick fix that look just like a quick fix.

I think that Halicky would have turned Eleanor into a convertible eventually if the movie hadn't ended when it did. It was more or less the only "mod" left. :)

Today I took the car for a spin the first time after I painted the front bumper and I snapped some pics under some better light than the crappy ones I took in my driveway just after installed the bumper.

I admit that I like what I see. The car looks much tidier, more like a complete package.

Some of you will notice that I swapped the 18 inch rims for the Magnums again, simply because the 18 inch tires are completely worn and I got tired of the bumpy ride. This setup absorbs shocks much better. It's probably not the final solution but for now I'll keep them on the car.
That looks great, Mike! I'm digging it.

I really like the looks of the black painted Magnums vs the 18s.

That's one sharp ride you have there!

Latest posts

Back