Flashlight drags

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mach1chick

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 429 AT power windows, Ac, rear defrost.......PURPLE!
Well, I did it! I drove in the Flashlight Drgas Saturday night, and it was a blast. The car handled well (even though I got beat!) but I was just there to have fun (this time).

One thing that kinda bugged me was the number of late model sedans and "tuners" that were there competing. I really wanted to run against another muscle car, but ended up against a late model Jaguar! No contest! I guess I will have to find a friend with a car similar to mine to run against next time.

I hope to get copies of the pics he took of us on the line, etc.

I think it is time to spend some money if you want to compete. If all else fails you can change gearing to win the 60 ft part of the race. These cars are not very fast in stock form but they look really fast at a red light. Mine sounds like a Nascar but lacks some of the ooooomph. My 11 year old was not impressed when we got smoked by a Honda Tuner car.

Thanks, guys! Like my late bf used to say "the best 10 seconds of freedom you'll ever feel".

Definitely needs some upgrades. First on the list if a good performance carb. Canfield is coming up weekend after next so I will be shopping.

Next meet is Aug. 16th. There is a muscle car blow-out drag show, then flashlight drags after that.

I think it is time to spend some money if you want to compete. If all else fails you can change gearing to win the 60 ft part of the race. These cars are not very fast in stock form but they look really fast at a red light. Mine sounds like a Nascar but lacks some of the ooooomph. My 11 year old was not impressed when we got smoked by a Honda Tuner car.
Based on the "2.75 to 1" bit found in your signature, I have a feeling I know where you'll be starting. ;) :D

That's not mine that has 2.75 to 1 gears in it! Lol and thank goodness!

Back