Fold Down Back Seat

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

verdelizard

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Mustang
351 Cleveland
Does anyone have a fold down back seat in their car? My car did not originally have one but I plan on putting one in. I believe I have all of the necessary parts but I'm not sure exactly how much work this is going to take. Does anyone have an idea?

Does anyone have a fold down back seat in their car? My car did not originally have one but I plan on putting one in. I believe I have all of the necessary parts but I'm not sure exactly how much work this is going to take. Does anyone have an idea?
I have one it is torn all apart if you need pictures or anything. All the ones I have been around had them too so I don't know whats involved with the package shelf, if you can just take it out and be ok. Like I said mine is down to just about a shell if you need pictures.

a

honestly if your car didn't come with the fold down option, forget it, its a lot of welding and new brackets. it is not like early mustangs where the fold down is a bolt in. you need to change the structure of the rear of the car, not to mention the different interior parts that fill in the area under the rear window.

my car does not have the fold down option,, i looked into it very involved,, a friend of mine did convert his car from non-fold down to fold down, took him about 4 years to get everything from donor cars that he cut up. that was 5 years ago and the car is still not completed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I had planned on doing a lot of welding and cutting and like I said I have all of the parts: the folding pieces, the trap door, the latches etc.

This is how the interior looks now. Do you still think its not worth it?

IMG_1266.jpg

I have the fold down rear seat in my '73 MACH I.

Since you already have the parts and are prepared to do any weldng (and or cutting), it probably is worth doing...especially since you want to do it!

What do you need to see? I will take pictures if you think that will assist you or possibly put you on the right track.

Let me know!

BT

Any pictures that you can post here of your back seat would help tons and be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Here are some pictures of the rear fold down seat

area

DSCF1851.jpg

DSCF1850.jpg

DSCF1860.jpg

Kind of dirty on the inside but you may be able to see what you need to see.

Hope this helps!

BT

Don't know if youv'e seen my post but the fold down looks great to me, I say put er in. I plan on doing it up like a rear seat delete in mine. It looks cleaner, makes it sportier, and besides..there ain't a whole lotta room back there.

Don't know if youv'e seen my post but the fold down looks great to me, I say put er in. I plan on doing it up like a rear seat delete in mine. It looks cleaner, makes it sportier, and besides..there ain't a whole lotta room back there.
[attachment=101]

hope this helps. if you need more let me know.

Back