for all of you 73 guys who want to lose weight like me

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I am not trying to initiate a big block versus small block argument, I personally subscribe to the "build enough HP and/or torque approach" whereby the weight thing becomes a "non-player."

It has been reported that you can take approximately 140 pounds out of a 460 (via a 521/545/557 build with aluminum heads, intake and water pump). This will provide a motor weighing less than @600 pounds making in excess of 750HP (at the flywheel) and a nearly FLAT torque curve between 2500 RPM and 6500 RPM.

Quite frankly Olie, I don't think you need to take out any additional weight considering your stated use (bracket racing/cruising) of your Mustang, even with that iron-headed 521:).

Just my $.02

BT
Yes you are, told you just send that old worn out big block when you take it out this way and we will see

While I am not trying to initiate a big block versus small block argument, I personally subscribe to the "build enough HP and/or torque approach" whereby the weight thing becomes a "non-player."

It has been reported that you can take approximately 140 pounds out of a 460 (via a 521/545/557 build with aluminum heads, intake and water pump). This will provide a motor weighing less than @600 pounds making in excess of 750HP (at the flywheel) and a nearly FLAT torque curve between 2500 RPM and 6500 RPM.

Quite frankly Olie, I don't think you need to take out any additional weight considering your stated use (bracket racing/cruising) of your Mustang, even with that iron-headed 521:).

Just my $.02

BT
Yes you are, told you just send that old worn out big block when you take it out this way and we will see
you want me to send my old big block your way? :D its not very old, it has less than 1000 street miles and 50 passes at the track. i need to get rid of it sometime at the end of the month.

Just my $.02

BT
you want me to send my old big block your way? :D its not very old, it has less than 1000 street miles and 50 passes at the track. i need to get rid of it sometime at the end of the month.
LOL no the wore out one Cobra has in Fire or Ice,:huh: momentary memory lapse

Well the 428CJ motor (currently in Fire) is not worn out; it is just that the 545 that will replace it is more "period correct" and a tad stronger. I still plan on putting the 428 in a 69/70 Mustang.

.and Olie, I actually have three 429/460 motors already...all D0VE-A blocks. That having been said, your 466 is a really good deal. Someone should jump all over it:)!

BT

Well the 428CJ motor (currently in Fire) is not worn out; it is just that the 545 that will replace it is more "period correct" and a tad stronger. I still plan on putting the 428 in a 69/70 Mustang.

.and Olie, I actually have three 429/460 motors already...all D0VE-A blocks. That having been said, your 466 is a really good deal. Someone should jump all over it:)!

BT

LOL I know but helps my point of getting it if it is

BT
the motor is being pulled on the 23rd so its going to go on sale very shortly and available. i'll drive to help deliver it.

Back