frame needs to be pulled {UPDATE}

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 mustang fastback,{mine} 74 Chevy Nova {girlfriends car}
2001 Sunfire that is falling apart haha.
So the guy who was to get my car aligned calls me today. And says Bad news I can't align your car your frame has pushed back a couple of inches. So I call CAA {the Canadian triple A} get them to pick up the car and bring it to the body shop. Luckily I can put that on the company bill and pay with my overtime.:-/

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple Inches .... You see any physical evidence of that like poor alignment in sheet metal buckling in the frame rails or anything like that. Im not saying he's wrong be cause i'm not there, but a couple of inches is quite a bit. Depending on the location of the damage it should be visible in other areas. Sorry just my first gut reaction when I read your post.

you actually do see it with the space from the back of the front wheel to the fender.It is probably less than a couple though guess he just used that as an expression. I'm waiting on the body guy to tell me for sure.

And there's no buckling in the inner aprons, fenders, or export braces?! Based on what I know of how the front clip goes together, a couple inches would be pretty catastrophic. Even if the frame rails magically disconnected from the aprons and moved back a couple inches, the torque boxes would've pushed through the firewall/floor pans.

I'd be curious to hear what your body man has to say and start looking for a new alignment shop.

Just my opinion, without the benefit of actually seeing your car in person. Good luck, Bro!

What probably happened when you hit the curb, is the strut rod pulled the strut rod crossmember back a couple inches, and that is why you see it in the tire being pulled back.

I would have to say that is where your "Frame Is Bent", It is probably the Strut Rod Crossmember is the only thing that is bent........

What probably happened when you hit the curb, is the strut rod pulled the strut rod crossmember back a couple inches, and that is why you see it in the tire being pulled back.

I would have to say that is where your "Frame Is Bent", It is probably the Strut Rod Crossmember is the only thing that is bent........
I agree with this senario...exactly what happened on my car.

I agree with this senario...exactly what happened on my car.
That makes a lot more sense. Hope that's all it is.

Well you guys where right frame was fine. The body guy says he gets it all the time. It was actually a bent control arm. The car is fixed and back on the road. Now only the aesthetics need to be done but I'll give myself a break for a while. Next time the weather looks like rain for a few days I might remove the front valance and beat and weld it back into shape.

Back