front disc caliper to pad springs?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickmatt

Reaction score
My Car
71 mach 1 302 c4 2nd owner i bought it in 92 and have managed to keep it on the road since then through thick and thin drove 1000 miles into france back in september nerver missed a beat and the fuel pump quite liked it as well!! keeping the faith and the throttle in cheers mickmatt
hello looking for your advice on this a couple of years ago converted to front discs (long story short not too happy with supplier as npd would not ship to my mate who was in us on business as my card was not registered to his work address in us something about anti terror laws) anyhow they arrived and i fitted them o.k except rubber flexi hoses rotted out in a year!! so had stainless made up they operate ok and have definatley improved the brakes but what i seem to be missing are anti rattle springs/clips that hold the pads into the caliper housing so at the moment the pads rattle around and there appears to be to much slack before the pad grips the disc just seen a picture on here with someones disc conversion and lo and behold there are clips/springs holding pad in to disc at the moment due to this i am losing a few thou of movment before pad contacts which obviously i would like to lose where is best place to get these realise this my be a modernised version of 70,s technology and in those days you americans never used anti rattle springs/clips then it is a single pot caliper with holes top and bottom which look like there should be retainers in there thanks in advance cheers mickmatt

Here are a few pics of the factory front disc brakes on my 73 convert. You can see the clips that C9zx provided the link for:

DSCF8553.jpg

DSCF8552.jpg

Here are a few pics of the factory front disc brakes on my 73 convert. You can see the clips that C9zx provided the link for:

DSCF8553.jpg

DSCF8552.jpg
thanks for the prompt replys and photos and info but i think i will have to track down exactly what calipers i have as on the outside of mine there are two large holes top and bottom which looks like not on yours looks like i will have to rip it down and learn howv to do photos on this interwebby thingy thanks anyhow keeping the faith and the throttle in on 71 73 cheers mick matt

Back