Front shocks for the 73 convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible H Code, 351C 2V FMX
How does everyone feel about KYB GR2 shocks? I'm replacing the entire front suspension, including coil springs. No racing, no shows, just some rodding around town, I guess you'd call it. Do you feel strongly about them, or some other shock?

Thanks,

Doc

My Dad raves about KYB! The Mach 1 already has them on it along with Global West tubular anti roll upper control arms! Seems like a nice set up so far, but that is my limited experience with KYB.

I have KYB on both of mine.(Not Gr2) Seem to work fine. Extra firm for better handling. I have a 1 inch sway bar. These changes made a big difference. MB

Last edited by a moderator:
Like MB, I have the KYBs on "Ice" (my '73 Grande). I get a very firm ride but I also have a 1 1/8" sway bar up front with big block springs (have 472 motor), a 7/8" sway bar in the rear with an extra leaf spring.

It is my understanding that the GR-2s are a totally different "animal" from the regular KYBs as they are designed more toward a comfortable ride - - something a little "better" than what came "stock."

Again, I do not have any personal knowledge; so, unless someone else chimes in Doc, it looks like you might have the opportunity to serve as the "tester.":)

BT

Just bought bilstiens for mine found a great deal at street or track. Always wanted konis but over on the VMF site there really seem to be alot of people who love them. It will be a while before get to use them since my car is in pieces all over my garage but I went ahead and bit the bullet bought some since it was a good deal. They don't make them for the front of our cars so I ordered them for a '70 and the '70 shock tower bracket.

How does everyone feel about KYB GR2 shocks? I'm replacing the entire front suspension, including coil springs. No racing, no shows, just some rodding around town, I guess you'd call it. Do you feel strongly about them, or some other shock?

Thanks,

Doc
Just redid my front suspension. Installed GR2s (front and rear) and rides great. Bought all 4 from Amazon for $80 delivered!

100_1772.jpg

Latest posts

Back