Fuel filler pipe gasket replacement

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This tail panel came with the car. Looks solid, but I'm not sure of the quality

Check the fit of your taillights against the new panel. There have been a couple reports of brackets welded in the wrong location. If not discovered until after the car is painted, makes for a PITA to fix.

Check the fit of your taillights against the new panel. There have been a couple reports of brackets welded in the wrong location. If not discovered until after the car is painted, makes for a PITA to fix.

Cool. I'll check the lights against the panel, and if the bolt holes line up, I will use this one. I think it's from CJ Pony parts.

I had heard more recent tail panel versions are better, but this is probably fine.

Sounds like a plan. It looks like you'll need a new tail light panel as well. Again, buy the best repop you can get, it always pays off in the end. Good luck moving forward and looking forward to seeing the results.
It is highly recommended to check the fit of your tail lights to the panel before you weld it in place. The panel I bought had the mounting tabs improperly located on one side and I had to move them. I didn't discover this until it was welded in place. It would have been much much easier to do on a workbench.

It is highly recommended to check the fit of your tail lights to the panel before you weld it in place. The panel I bought had the mounting tabs improperly located on one side and I had to move them. I didn't discover this until it was welded in place. It would have been much much easier to do on a workbench.
Who sells a tried and true tail panel I don't have to worry about ?

Who sells a tried and true tail panel I don't have to worry about ?
The one I mentioned came from CJ Pony. I just looked and they don't list who makes it for them. The fit was good, other than those tabs, but had I checked them right after receiving (often not the case with me) I would have asked for a replacement.

I have Sherman panels for a ranchero that look to be good quality. I understand Dynacorn to be good, but don't really know. Someone else with more experience will likely be able to give better feedback than I have to offer.

Back