Full floor 1 piece replacement project start

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes but by the time I get it all the way to canada at the exchange rate and duty and shipping etc etc it would have been almost 1400$ I got the 64-68 locally for 400$

That was pretty clever how you modified the front floor section. Sliding the ribs outward and using the outer piece as the filler panel. Well worth the labor, for the $ savings.

Yes it was, and most of it will be hidden from sight by the frame extension, i'll only need a little filler to hide the work. Have one torque box left to go then the test fit and the 100+ holes to drill and weld, I cant wait !!

Im half done on the welding, had to massage the tranny tunnel to fit tight up against the tranny support. Starting to feel solid. A little tip, start from the rockers inward when attaching the floor, I started at the tunnel and the floor was being pulled away from the rocker sides.

20150719_133717.jpg

20150719_133722.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For sure you are not afraid to jump in and do it. Hope everything stays aligned they are so flimsy. I have attached a scan of the page out of the Ford shop manual that gives the dimensions they use when putting one together. A frame shop also uses this to pull back into shape after a crash. They have gages they can hang in the check points. Just some more reference for you to check.

With all that floor rust was the cowl not rusty?

David
Already repaired the cowl

20150725_225956.jpg20150725_225954.jpgFloor almost done ran out of gas for welder, Got some nice leather racing seats and tried them on the 64-68 risers, too hig looks like i'll be cutting them down to the proper height.

83slimer,

If you have not weld in your seat platforms, I would seriously take a look at the corners of the seat platforms. I found small cracks due to wear and tear on them. WE cut small pieces of sheet metal and welded them behind the cracks

mustang7173

83slimer,

If you have not weld in your seat platforms, I would seriously take a look at the corners of the seat platforms. I found small cracks due to wear and tear on them. WE cut small pieces of sheet metal and welded them behind the cracks

mustang7173
They are brand new Lol

Decided to buy the proper 73 seat platforms the 64-68 were too nice to cut up , here are some update shots before seam sealing Pics tomorrow.20150825_175540.jpg20150825_175538.jpg

Just my thoughts. I do not see any bracing to keep the car in shape. Did you measure out everything to make sure it has not moved while the floor was out. After it is welded back it is difficult to move anything.

You are doing more than most will try. I know I am crushing one because the floor is bad.

David

I measured and leveled the car before i cut it out, Then after it was cut out i measured again, no change, I should mention the car was bare bones just the shell no weight on rear end and I supported the car at the frame rails and put another under the front of the car in the center.

Back