Fuse block question - replacement?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrantOv

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Mach1
I would like to wire up a USB charging port in my arm rest and would like to connect to the accessory post of the fuse block - unfortunately my 1972 Mach doesn't have the post. Is it easy to 'unplug' the fuse block and replace with one that has this accessory post that some fuse blocks have?

Attachments

• IMG20240317094207.jpg
    IMG20240317094207.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 2
yes, exactly - I've seen this pictured on another thread but wasn't sure if the fuse block could be easily replaced. Thank you so much for your replies on my questions tonight!

I wired several things in my car, USB ports (2), 12v charging port. They are in the center of the aftermarket console I installed. I put a new, additonal fuse box in the glove box to run the aftermarket parts I put in. I ran a hot wire from the existing box to the new one for main power.

Excellent - exactly what I had seen a few photos of. What did you end up using for your fuse block extension? What aftermarket items does this power (audio?)? Did you end up increasing the feed fuse from main fuse block?

Back