Fuse Block

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RKL

Reaction score
My Car
1965 Mustang Conv
1972 Mach 1
1973 Mach 1
I have a 1973 Mach 1 Cleveland and am trying to get it put back together. The fuse block has been subjected to the elements before I got the car and is rusty and not in very good condition a lot of the fuses are not making a connection due to the corrosion. Nothing that goes thru the fuse block works except the wipers. Has anyone replaced a fuse block and if so how hard is it to complete or to put new contacts in as in a repair kit. Also is there a source for a new fuse block? Thanks in advance for any help.

You can try sand-blasting the fuse block and fuse clips, then use dielectric grease on all clips, applying with a Q-tip (no, that's not Scott's videos...).

I have many fuse blocks with good clips. If your clips are bad, the only way out of it is to replace the entire harness or splice in all of them nasty wires. The clips can be removed from the fuse block, but you need at least 4 small jeweler's screwdrivers to get at the ACC and BAT double clips.

You can try sand-blasting the fuse block and fuse clips, then use dielectric grease on all clips, applying with a Q-tip (no, that's not Scott's videos...).

I have many fuse blocks with good clips. If your clips are bad, the only way out of it is to replace the entire harness or splice in all of them nasty wires. The clips can be removed from the fuse block, but you need at least 4 small jeweler's screwdrivers to get at the ACC and BAT double clips.
:udaman: good advice

:udaman: good advice

Thanks I removed all of the fuses and got a Dremel tool with a very small round bronze brush and cleaned all of the contacts and it actully worked. I also cleaned with cleaner and compressed air to dry. It worked great. The only problem is that the one short fuse has no current at all. I have to find out what it controls. all of the others work fine.

Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
The one short fuse (4 amps) is powered from the headlamp switch, and controls all of the dash lamps.

Latest posts

Back