gettting close

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rentascout

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach One
So I am gettting that Rage on there and it sands like butter,

I put my first coat of glaze on there today and it did not go so well I am having a issue laying but it will get better as I go.

I do have a question why do people throw some rattle can over the filler and allow it to dry then sand it back off. Now common sense tells me it allows them to find high and low areas but when I did it it came right back off one little spot but nowting big. maybe Scott or someoen can shed some light

Man I am telling you that Rust bullet and Rage is working awesome and thanks to everyone for the tips keep them coming because I know it will be a short while before I run into a issue. I will be dry sanding soon to lay the last coaat of primer, after I get done with all the body work.

I am still laying small areas and shaving to fit, again only laid glaze once and I am sure it will get eaiser but if there are tips let me know. I printed off all the tips and info that was left and hung them in my garage to future reference.

This breaking news I have no pics to post Ill change that in the AM

So I am gettting that Rage on there and it sands like butter,

I do have a question why do people throw some rattle can over the filler and allow it to dry then sand it back off. Now common sense tells me it allows them to find high and low areas but when I did it it came right back off one little spot but nowting big. maybe Scott or someoen can shed some light

Man I am telling you that Rust bullet and Rage is working awesome and thanks to everyone
Quality materials make all the difference ! It's the one thing you don't want to skimp on..Although it costs more upfront..In the long run you save ! You are correct that the rattle can over filler is used as a guide coat to find the highs & lows..You should only be "DUSTING" a light coat on..

Okay here we are with another dumb question. After I glaze and finish dreams car with 180 and before I spray I must go over it again with grease and wax remover. I read the instructions, but it is not in there even looked at website. It makes sense but don't know if that stuff is going to mess up the glaze or the primer that is already on there. The car is not ready but fenders will be soon if I can figure out how to lay this glaze smoothly. Thanks ahead of time for saving me

Latest posts

Back