Going through my recent acquisition...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The car has sat for long period of times... The Pacific Coast does not guarantee a rust free vehicle..., although the body and floors are perfect. Surface rust has hit the rear springs and axle pretty hard
I think those of us in the rust belt would still consider that "rust free"   :)
Well, for some reason, this low mileage vehicle suffered some rust issues on the suspension, mostly just from sitting and I suspect, the environment it was left sitting in... 

I have removed the suspension and have started detailing it. Nothing else on the car requires this type of extensive work, I just decided that I would make the underneath of the car look as good as the rest of it... 

I left the completed sandblasted rear end with the shop who will epoxy primer and apply a semi-gloss paint to finish it. The smaller pieces I am doing at home. 

Got the rear end back from sand blasting. finished basic painting, ready for final detailing...

Interesting find today while cleaning the underside of the car. 

This tag was still attached to the the side of the transmission near the neutral switch. Have never seen this before... cool find and the car keeps delivering many original never touched factory items. 

I believe you are referring to the larger (width) chrome trim pieces that sit at the very bottom of the rocker panels. The thin chrome trim on my car is part of the “decor” group option.
Thanks....

While waiting for the B.B. vert to come home from the top shop... I have spent the past 6 weeks 

working on the undercarriage of the ‘73 vert. Putting everything back together, huge difference in the look from when I first got the car the first week of November.

Last edited:
Back