Got my Photos

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ooo la la Pypes exhaust system. I wanted to go with them, but at the time, they never made a system for cars with staggered shocks and I didn't feel like banging on the pipes to make them work. I bet it sounds great. Very nice looking setup.

[/u]

Hey nice car for sure looks better than many AFTER they are redone!!!

One thing I noticed is the chrome and black trim that runs from the back quarter panel to the front of the front fender,,, my 1973 has that same trim,,, was it limited to a certain model or classification?
According to my 1973 Mustang Illustrated Facts and Specifications Manual The "Protection Group" on the 73's "includes vinyl insert body side molding, spare tire lock, door edge guards. Body side tape stripe deleted on Grande when this option ordered. N.A. on Mach 1 or with Decor Group".

So it was available on coupes, convertibles, and sportsroof models.

Here is a link to the 73 Mustang Brochure with a pic of the side molding:

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/brochuredisplay.cgi?year=1973&manuf=Ford&model=Mustang&smod=&page=8&scan=8
Thanks I managed to replace some of mine 20 years ago,,, was not easy to find back then before the WWW,,,

ooo la la Pypes exhaust system. I wanted to go with them, but at the time, they never made a system for cars with staggered shocks and I didn't feel like banging on the pipes to make them work. I bet it sounds great. Very nice looking setup.
Much nicer after having them welded in. I think I have a leak between the headers and the pipes though since I smell gas on occasion. One of the things I have to fix when I get it back on the road.

Back