Got the MagnaFlow builder kit tacked

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 restored in the original light pewter metallic with TMI interior and custom stereo from Pacific Car Audio
Just got the Mach back from a friends shop. He set up the exhaust and got it all tacked up. Now we just need to take each piece off and tig it up

63yssh.jpg

2q8yp2g.jpg

25almgx.jpg

160vhwm.jpg

2rfu5w8.jpg

We used the Magnaflow 2 1/2" stainless mandrel bent builder kit along with their x pipe kit

Last edited by a moderator:
How's the clearance around the staggered shocks?

I don't understand why no one seems to make a bolt on kit to clear them...

No problem with the shocks, I will try and get some better shots tomorrow

Incredible detail underneath,looks great.
+1

It's amazing what you are doing to that car. Seems like it's almost concourse. I was surprised when you said you put an efi system in because of the detailing you were doing. That is one car to be proud of.

Very clean! Looking good.

We will get a video posted after the guys get the system welded together. We have not fired up the engine yet so we can't wait to hear it ourselves

No belly plate, I assume that is a convertible thing as we have one on our 73 Cougar. I suppose we could have made it work on the Cougar but it would have taken a few more bends. The exhaust guy said he would have liked to have had another U pipe as is but that might have opened up some other pieces

+1

It's amazing what you are doing to that car. Seems like it's almost concourse. I was surprised when you said you put an efi system in because of the detailing you were doing. That is one car to be proud of.
I'm always surprised when people are surprised to see EFI on these cars, besides that it makes the car a better driver, there is the retro musclecar look that these cars can't help having, but they also have just enough of a hint of supercar to them (squint at them a little and you can see hints of lambo, pantera, M1...) that I think efi or even something exhotic is the right thing to find under the hood. Heck, it's not like a cleveland is run of the mill and there are tons of race more modern stuff that "bolts on to them

I have a vert and know the pypes system wont work. Having to have it done custom.
What about the pypes system doesn't work? I have one sitting in my garage waiting for the car, and I kind of expected that I'd have to do some cutting to get it to fit the way I wanted but not that "it won't work" (and I'm not talking about the "if you change anything enough you can make it fit" approach).

+1

We want to keep the original look but love the modern drivability. Just got the MSD cap in black on to try to keep the stock look

Of course the body color paint engine compartment is in sharp contrast to the stock look idea but we think it really makes the engine pop

21rdrs.jpg

Space.rss=Silverback;214798]

+1

I'm always surprised when people are surprised to see EFI on these cars, besides that it makes the car a better driver, there is the retro musclecar look that these cars can't help having, but they also have just enough of a hint of supercar to them (squint at them a little and you can see hints of lambo, pantera, M1...) that I think efi or even something exhotic is the right thing to find under the hood. Heck, it's not like a cleveland is run of the mill and there are tons of race more modern stuff that "bolts on to them

I have a vert and know the pypes system wont work. Having to have it done custom.
What about the pypes system doesn't work? I have one sitting in my garage waiting for the car, and I kind of expected that I'd have to do some cutting to get it to fit the way I wanted but not that "it won't work" (and I'm not talking about the "if you change anything enough you can make it fit" approach).

the convertibles have a tunnel brace plate. I called the manufacturer and they said I had to use their spacers and lower the support brace buy a couple inches to get the exhaust through.I suppose I could get their kit and have my shop work it to get it to fit but at that point it was the same as getting a full exhaust custom done. the fitment issues were only for the Verts

Back