GREEN 72 FASTBACK (FORMER 429/460)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did you mount the seats?
Against my better judgement I had purchased the bracket set from cipher hoping to save time so I wouldn't have to fabricate my own.

Wasn't really happy with the way they positioned the seats in the car. SO

ended up fabricating my own.

Against my better judgement I had purchased the bracket set from cipher hoping to save time so I wouldn't have to fabricate my own.

Are original style seat platforms still in the car?

Are original style seat platforms still in the car?
Yes The new brackets & sliders bolt to that just as the original seats did

Scott, I really like your choice for the front seats, what brand are they? Ryan

Ryan they are Cipher

Don't buy the seat brackets adapters. In my opinion they place the seat to high up. I ended up making my own adapter for use with the stock sliders from the oem seats

Ryan they are Cipher

Don't buy the seat brackets adapters. In my opinion they place the seat to high up. I ended up making my own adapter for use with the stock sliders from the oem seats
Thanks, I haven't decided on what to do yet on my seats. At first I was going to recover the stock seats using an upholstery kit and new foam but after running the numbers I will easily have close to over $500 invested in stock looking seats and I will have to do the recovering myself. I want something with a more modern look and feel. The seats you have chosen are not that expensive and they look good. I think I'll be considering these or there are a couple others brands that are a similar style. Do you happen to have a picture of the brackets you fabbed up? If not, no big deal. Thanks Ryan.

Do you happen to have a picture of the brackets you fabbed up? If not, no big deal. Thanks Ryan.
You happen to be in luck ! :D I just pulled the interior to do the sound deadner convert to black deluxe.

IMG_1661.JPGIMG_1662.JPG

Finally getting around to finishing up the interior..Pulled it out..cleaned up the floors..rust bullet..then ramm mat..then interior dye all the hard parts black..finish up the sound system wiring...all new weatherstrips..new fuzzys..all new glass..gonna be plush funky fresh for the spring !

IMG_1655.JPGIMG_1656.JPGIMG_1657.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the picture of seat brackets. I was wondering if you used the stock seat tracks, looks like you did. Progress on the car looks great. Ryan

Thanks for the picture of seat brackets. I was wondering if you used the stock seat tracks, looks like you did. Progress on the car looks great. Ryan
Thanks,

Yes I used the original tracks

All ready for the raam mat tomorrow

IMG_1664.JPG

Lot's of new parts arrived today ! The best is all the new glass ! There is nothing like a fresh scratch free piece of glass. Now to tint them and get em installed

IMG_1695.JPGIMG_1694.JPG

Lot's of new parts arrived today ! The best is all the new glass ! There is nothing like a fresh scratch free piece of glass. Now to tint them and get em installed
Scott,

I hope to be back from paint in a couple of months I will be doing my windows. Looking forward to your how to!

They look like they are already tinted?
They are the stock green shaded Not the black aftermarket tint No problem though we will take care of that ::thumb::

I'm Jealous of being able to tint the windows. It is illegal here in Iowa and they enforce it like crazy.
Bummer dude :-/

Heres the law for Iowa

You could do 20-25% tint which would comply with the law

http://tintlaws.com/iowa-window-tint-law.php

Yeah the 20-25% is pretty minimal, can almost not even tell they are tinted. I have a prescription for darker tint (allow 35% of light through so pretty dark)due to eye surgery I had back in 2009 but all that entails is a card to keep in your glove box. They still pull you over every chance they get.

Thanks,

Yes I used the original tracks

All ready for the raam mat tomorrow
From the picture it looks like you have replaced the floor? Where did you get the panel(s)? It looks great.

Dave

Back