GREEN 72 FASTBACK (FORMER 429/460)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time to Rock n' Roll, Scotty! Looking fabulous!
Thanks Doc..Itching at the bit to rock & roll for sure

Looking good Scott
Thanks W..looks even better today..Did a quick polish & glaze job

IMG_0286.JPGIMG_0285.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Fathers today..Got some tools..BUT BEST of all I got to do a small test run around the neighborhood Just to feel things out..Still need the new tires wheels alignment..final exhaust..BUT It drove FREAKING AMAZING !!! WOW the tranny is rock solid shifts beautiful..Motor is smooth as silk lots of balls..Although I want to really break it in proper..I can tell..It's hard to describe how smooth & precise the entire car /package feels.. Doesn't feel like a 42 year old car at ALL ..YA great fathers day for sure !

IMG_0298.JPG

CONGRATS, Scott!

BTW, I pulled the A/C temp control line from Eleanor today for you and your green beast there. Will let you know when it ships.

-Kurt

Are those tail lights still available? Anyone have a link? Thats one sweet ride :)

Ok..got the new wheels & tires on..285/35/18 rears on 9.5" wide.. 245/40/18 fronts on 8.5" wide.. Nitto 555's directional all around...Front sway bar is in..All new brakes...Just need to do the rear sway bar then it's off for alignment (Non stock alignment specs)

IMG_0416.JPG

A symphony in teal.

Scott, you mentioned that you would "get back to work on the Q" sometime, in reference to your first project. For some reason, I've been lead to believe this car started as a Q in its life as well, but - now that I think of it - I can't recall if you ever mentioned it. What did she start life as?

-Kurt

A symphony in teal.

Scott, you mentioned that you would "get back to work on the Q" sometime, in reference to your first project. For some reason, I've been lead to believe this car started as a Q in its life as well, but - now that I think of it - I can't recall if you ever mentioned it. What did she start life as?

-Kurt
H-code..true mach 1 (05)

It is now a faux q code /boss The best of both worlds !

H-code..true mach 1 (05)

Had a hunch it was an H-code. The lower trim gave away that it was a stripeless Mach at one time.

Was that 351C the original block with new heads, or something you'd been keeping for just the right car?

-Kurt

H-code..true mach 1 (05)

Had a hunch it was an H-code. The lower trim gave away that it was a stripeless Mach at one time.

Was that 351C the original block with new heads, or something you'd been keeping for just the right car?

-Kurt
No it was a 351C from a cougar never bored rebuilt.... I stumbled upon local just by chance 10 minutes from my house..He just happened to have a set of q-code open chamber heads I spied out sitting on a shelf when I went to look at the motor..I got them for next to nothing..He thought they were junk. Same thing with the vintage manifold..

No it was a 351C from a cougar never bored rebuilt.... I stumbled upon local just by chance 10 minutes from my house..He just happened to have a set of q-code open chamber heads I spied out sitting on a shelf when I went to look at the motor..I got them for next to nothing..He thought they were junk. Same thing with the vintage manifold..
::beer::

-Kurt

Ok..got the new wheels & tires on..285/35/18 rears on 9.5" wide.. 245/40/18 fronts on 8.5" wide.. Nitto 555's directional all around...Front sway bar is in..All new brakes...Just need to do the rear sway bar then it's off for alignment (Non stock alignment specs)
Awesome work, Scott. It looks beautiful. What alignment specs are you going for? I've heard a whole range of non-stock specs for modern tires.

Back