Guns & ammo

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would rather lose them in a "terrible boating accident" than a "terrible government accident".

BTW, I like your username.
Thanks! The first handgun I ever bought myself was a CZ-75 back in the 90's. It's a pre B model with rounded trigger guard, before they added the magazine disconnect safety. It has a bettery smooth DA trigger. At the time, it was my favorite handgun, so I started using the moniker on the gun boards I frequented. Then I fell in love with the HK P7-M8 and P9S. I've been a modertor on HKPRO and ParkCitiesTactical for about 10-15 years now.

I sold a registered Fleming HK sear and a M-11/9 in order to raise the money to buy my car. I doubt the car will appreciate as much as those things did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the P-30' sare really nice. Great ergonomics. I'm not as active on HKPRO as I used to be. The site is a lot different than it used to be since Tom sold it. It is more heavily moderated and more commercial than it was in its hayday. I remember when I was one of 4 mods, and Tom was the only admin...

Gentlemen, When things calm a bit, I strongly suggest diverting some of our car money to our personal defense and the defense of those we care about. The notion that someone else can defend us is clearly documented as being false. Become proficient in the effective and safe use of firearms. If your state permits concealed carry, get the permit, get the ammunition, get a concealable hand gun, and carry. Oppose any further erosion of our rights by contacting local, state, and federal representatives to voice your opinions. Vote for those who support your rights. It is not just about our right to own firearms. It is about our rights being eroded on many levels under the pretext that we are trading freedom for security to be provided by a central entity. While there is evidence that we are ceding our freedoms, there is no evidence that security, physical or economic, is being enhanced. It has been, and will continue to be, up to us as individuals to care for ourselves. To believe otherwise is to engage in pleasurable delusion. Just one member's opinion. Chuck
One of my favorite quotes is by a certain Mr. Franklin.

"He who deserts liberty for safety deserves neither liberty nor safety"

In modern society "we" seem all too willing to give up liberty for the ILLUSION of safety.

Yeah, the P-30' sare really nice. Great ergonomics. I'm not as active on HKPRO as I used to be. The site is a lot different than it used to be since Tom sold it. It is more heavily moderated and more commercial than it was in its hayday. I remember when I was one of 4 mods, and Tom was the only admin...
That's my biggest fear for this site...that somehow it will change from a close knit group to something else.

I have a P30 in .40 that is my go to pistol. I carry that one more than any others. I'm on the HK pro forum.
The P30 9mm is my main carry as well. I think it's a bit big for CC but my love-handle molds around it nicely. :) Also went in and picked up a Kel-Tec PF9 so I would have something a little smaller. The gun supplier I shop at had a good supply of 9mm rounds and I picked up another 500 rounds strictly to get a couple hundred rounds through the PF9 before I started CC it and to hoard the rest. Otherwise I've stopped going to the range because I don't want to get rid of the ammo.

That's my biggest fear for this site...that somehow it will change from a close knit group to something else.
Sounds like ARFCOM

That is going to depend on all of us. We can control the tone of this place.
Jeff - I agree. It doesn't take heavy handed mods if we can police ourselves.

I have a P30 in .40 that is my go to pistol. I carry that one more than any others. I'm on the HK pro forum.
The P30 9mm is my main carry as well. I think it's a bit big for CC but my love-handle molds around it nicely. :) Also went in and picked up a Kel-Tec PF9 so I would have something a little smaller. The gun supplier I shop at had a good supply of 9mm rounds and I picked up another 500 rounds strictly to get a couple hundred rounds through the PF9 before I started CC it and to hoard the rest. Otherwise I've stopped going to the range because I don't want to get rid of the ammo.
I carry it or my full size 1911 IWB at 3:00 with no problems. I use a Comp-Tac Minotaur tuckable holster. I recently bought a Beretta Nano to have something in 9mm in case there was difficulty getting ammo in .40 or .45. Little did I know all ammo would be hard to find but have a good supply on hand of all calibers. I don't know that I'm ready for a SHTF event but we'd make a good showing for a few days.

One of my fav little packers...Monster!! baby 1911 astra...packing a massive 22 short...lol..Colt got in trouble for this pistols in the late 60's...Had them built in Spain...Big no no..so they got canceled pretty fast ..Good little gun thou...Been in the family sence before i was born...My grampa got it for my granny when a murder happened at the hospital she worked at....I like it cause it is confy in my hand...Even big hands like mine it wont catch ya like some little pistols do..lol

They made a 25 cal too...I been thinkin about picking up.

That is going to depend on all of us. We can control the tone of this place.
From what I've seen, you guys have done a great job with this forum. Hopefully it will remain a great place to hang out with like minded folks.

Sounds like ARFCOM
Nowhere near that bad.
lollerz

I used to be a regular but I don't go there much anymore. Too many pricks.
It has been at least 6 years since I logged on there. You should check out AR15armory.com. Great forum that is self policed really well.

Back