Hagerty Insurance?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There has been great information in this thread and it looks like others are more qualified than I in offering some professional opinions. My only two cents to contribute are to do a little shopping around. I shopped Hagerty, Grundy, American and Heacock before insuring my 67 GT. For me Grundy offered the best coverage and premium. I also have Allstate for 27 years and they do not offer an agreed value policy. If you are a member of the Mustang Club or America, Heacock offers a discount, just not in TN. Make sure you read the fine print on the policy!!!!! You are limited in mileage each year and not covered unless going to or from a show or car related event. I try to drive my cars on a day that I know there is a cruise-in or show going on in the area so I can use that as my reason if something should happen. I cannot comment on a claim with Grundy as I have not had one. Thank the lord!

Good thread! Thanks for detailed info on the collector car insurance. I wasn't aware they offered rollback wrecker service. I like that a lot better than the old hook-and-grab method.

Ray

That sounds a bit steep to me, quite honestly. I’ve been with the AARP Hartford for over 12 years now and have had only 1 claim so far. Throughout I’ve found their rates to be very affordable, never had a problem with their service. Furthermore, if you go through the AARP you get further discounts which make it all the more pocket-friendly. You should probably check the AARP classic car auto insurance rates on their website to have a better idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Hagerty and their roadside assistance and am very happy with them thus far. I had to use their roadside assistance on a trip recently and it worked out fine.

my insurance is up for renewal this month and i would appreciate any info on members experience with agreed-value insurance underwriters. The Mustang is my only car because i dont need to drive other than pleasure. I take public transportation for the commute. Currently MetLife insures the car for full liability, but after pressing them they finally admitted that their "value' of the car is $1500. So if it's parked in the street and a tree falls on it i have a complete out of pocket loss. I paid for an appraisal and offered to MetLife and they offered stated value, which is worthless. I have contacted 10 companies and none will insure unless i buy another car...which i am not going to do. Any suggestions? thanks

Hey maybe my tablet is going crazy, but the date displayed on your post is 12/31/1969...

I have american collectors insurance, http://www.americancollectors.com. I've been pretty happy with them. With an agreed value of $20k I pay $206 a year. It has to be garaged and the mileage limit (I think) is 3k per year, but they never asked me what the odometer says. Is would not go with a regular insurance company, they are not geared to insure our cars.

With any collector car insurance, read the usage restrictions. What you do not want is to be driving your car and find out that you are not covered because you didn't know what the insurance covered and didn't cover.

Also, do not accept reduced Uninsured/underinsured motorists coverage of less than your liability limits. At least one collector car insurance refuses to write policies in compliance with Tennessee's requirement that at least equal limits be offered. If you are ever in an accident and injured by someone with state minimum limits, you will be thankful for this information.

Finally to everyone that reads this. Make sur you have enough coverage and higher UM/UIM limits than your state minimums. Talk to your agent about it and you will find it isn't that much more money and if you or a family member is hurt that additional coverage can be the difference in getting enough money to properly compensate you for your loss of earnings.

I hope I never have the privilege to represent anyone on this site, but I have done injury work for 20 years and UM/UIM insurance has made huge differences for those clients with serious injuries.

Taking my attorney hat back off as it is Sunday and I am going to go work on my car to get the stink of work off of me. ;)
LISTEN to our unofficial forum lawyer because this info is important. ;)

I use American Collectors because they have various mileage / daily driver policys. I picked the 7,500 miles / year agreed amount policy. Seems like it's $200 or so per year for $15k coverage.

Back