Has anyone tried these seat extender brackets?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peche 71

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Grande, 351 Cleveland, restoration project
1973 Convertible, 302, slight restoration
I was referred to yearone.com for possible parts and came across these seat extender brackets. I'm 5'16" and need some more leg room. I have seen other bracket extender modifications (that offer 3"), these look easier to install, but only offer 2". Has anyone used these? And is 2" going to make enough difference?

https://www.yearone.com/Product/1964-73-mustang/sb246

i don't think they work cuz two of the holes on te floor is flat (front) and the back two are verticle (rears).

now if you want to use those brackets in the front only and then use a huge spacer between the factory bracket and the location of the threaded hole, then it might work.

that's were I thought they would have to go in order for them to match, but then I would think new holes would have to be drilled up front? thanks Xoliex

I used some 1/4" X 1-1/4" steel bar stock between the seat base and seat tracks to move my seats back 3". Yes it does make a difference! The only issue which has not been much of one is the seat adjuster lever sticks WAY out from the front of the seat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back