Headers I removed from my 71

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I can verify that the headers are Procomp and actually not to bad. I have seen worse. Slid right in and cleared the clutch nicely. So far I can't find any binding in the clutch at all. I have to do a bit more work because I need to clearance for the bell housing. Interfering just enough to keep them from fully seating on the bottom. But over all I would say a nice fit and a good choice.

I'll report back after I them better fitted with some pics of the work necessary. But I think some minor work with a BFH will get them just right. Check fit and then send them out for Ceramic Coating. Being stainless they will look nice and probably never rust ever again.

Sadly I will have to redo my collectors for 2.5" instead of 3" but I can live with the minor work compared to the cost of a custom set of headers. Or a welding mess like the previous owner did to make headers fit.

Just following this up with the almost finished product. Including pictures of where I clearanced the bell housing. The new H pipe I installed. All fit with some work and modification. I will finish grinding welds and take everything into the coaters later this year when summer is done.

IMG_8338[1].JPGIMG_8339[1].JPGIMG_8341[1].JPGIMG_8342[1].JPGIMG_8343[1].JPG

Thorley claims they have the best tuned headers and most clearnce under the car. The construction is tops. I have been told by installers that the hooker supercomps are easy to install, which is real important. Personally id like to find some shorty's that would bolt to the readily available full exhaust systems. Just for the weight savings.

Back