hello from CA

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Basqueechmo

Reaction score
My Car
72 Coupe
Kenny from Northern California, Sacramento area. Picked up a 72 coupe with a basic 2v 302 back in March and been browsing the site since. I enjoy older mustangs and always preferred the look and stance of the 71-73 over the older models. Ended up finding my 72 in decent condition. Runs well and the only real rust problems are in the trunk. Other than that, mostly cosmetic problems for now. Been working on it for the past few months. So far:

-Changed coil and installed petronix electronic kit

-Replaced a few exterior cosmetic parts, mainly the grill.

-nearly finished with a new paint job. Original color was ok, but they were turning it into a grande, which i didn't like, n there were a few paint issues. Couldn't match the color.

This weekend I'm hoping to finish putting her back together and install a ne a/c conversion from classic auto air. I also have a new 4v intake n carb waiting to go in, some wiring probs to work out, the steering is loose and the brakes need to be bled badly. A great work in progress!

Day I brought her home

1395089611917.jpg

Last weekend. Still putting her back together.

DSC_0308.JPG

Hey from Arkansas. I lived a little south of you in Valley Springs before fleeing California a dozen years ago. Your car looks like a great start.

DSC_0313.JPGInstalled a new ac compressor from classic auto air today. Aside from a single pita bolt on the base plate, it was very simple, even for a novice like me. I was a bit apprehensive at first given the less than detailed instructions, but it turned out to be fairly straightforward. I did have to cut a corner off of the stock upper bracket to get the compressor to fit, but she's blowing cold air for the first time at least since i bought her.

DSC_0313.JPG

Also replaced the weatherstripping on the passenger door (driver's side tomorrow). unfortunately both top and bottom were too big. :mad: took some altering to get everything working right.

Welcome from West Virginia!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back