Hello from the Pacific Northwest

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingb1973

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q Code-4 Spd. Owned for the last 40 years.
Hello from Washington State.

On Father’s Day this year I cleaned off the large workbench in my garage only to discover it was my 73Q-4 Spd, purchased in 1980, that has been sitting there since 2003. My how time flies.

Popped the hood, trunk, and doors and gave her a walk around. What a mess. She has survived MY roaring 20’s, being a daily driver while raising 2 kids, years of low budget repairs and non-existent maintenance, and the beginnings of a failed restore that started in 1994. It took all of 10 seconds to decide that she deserved another chance. Pushed her out into the daylight and over the next few days did the “pre-runup” stuff (battery, dizzy tune, new fuel, etc.) and she roared back to life (2 rusted out mufflers and no tailpipes…..don’t remember doing that). Let her go until up to temp, a few more checks, then DROVE her back indoors.

The journey begins again.

Began to research the “What the….How the….Where the…. (I knew Who the…) and found that all the best information came from this forum, so joined on June 25th and have been reading until my eyes bleed. GREAT STUFF!

I have more questions than answers, but hope to be able to contribute something as I gain knowledge.

Brian

::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe! Whenever I clean my workbench I only find an old slab of kitchen countertop. :(

I must be doing something wrong.

Welcome to the site! I bet your glad you held onto her all these years!
Sure am. So is my 9 year old granddaughter. She got in and asked the only important question. Looking at the pedals..."Which one makes it go!"

Figure I have 7 years to finish.

Welcome from Gig Harbor Wa! What part of WA are you from?

Hello and Welcome from the Peoples Republic of California.

The sooner you get started on the stang the more time you'll get to drive it before your grand daughter takes it off to collage. ;-)

Bru

Mine sat since 2005 until this year. Assembled enough to get it on the road for a few miles. First time since we purchased it in pieces in 2005.

Now a month later, it's down with leaking head gasket on the 351C. Have the heads at the machine shop now, just to see what happens next.

Back