Help! Engine still wont start!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, so I have a 351C with a 2V carb. in my 1973 Mustang Mach 1. So far I have added a brand new ProComp distributor with the ProComp coil, a new starter from AutoZone, and new set of MSD plug wires. I have tried countless times to start the car, even jumped it a few times, used starting fluid, dropped a fully charged brand new battery in it too, and it's soo close to starting but it still won't pop! Anyone have any tips or tricks on how to start it easier?
I think your problem maybe the Procomp gear. Just do a google search on Procomp and pages upon pages off faults, failures and just crap manufacturing will turn up. The Procomp name is so tainted here in Australia, they have gone back to a name that was well known here twenty odd years ago, as top line crap called Speedmaster. It's just cheap Chinese knock off stuff that isn't even good enough for a paper weight. There is a pic on line somewhere showing the inside of a Procomp ignition box and a MSD 6AL. The difference is laughable as there wouldn't be half the parts inside the Procomp one, compared to the MSD unit. After all these years I still can't believe this stuff still sells.

Plus 1 to 4v. Procomp is priced so low it's hard to resist. But it is crap. Dizzy could be shorting to ground. Have you tried your old coil again?

K

Back