Help finding the right ACC Pump diaphragm

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sumit

Reaction score
My Car
1973 351c coupe
Hey guys I could use your help.

Ive got a 351c 2v with a Motorcraft D3AF DC

The accelerator pump diaphragm I keep finding is this one that says it's for autolite carburetors :

autolite acc pump

Or there's this kit:

carb kit

I'd just hate to spend 4x the amount if the first one works or there's one I'm not finding. Hopefully somebody can weigh in. Thanks in advance!

Crossed your ID# D3AF-DC and the part list calls for a CM-463 (Motorcraft) or C4AZ-9B559-A (Ford) accelerator pump diaphragm. That is the diaphragm with the short stub. Ford had some later models carburetors that took the long stem diaphragm. That is why the Ford rebuild kit has both diaphragms in it as just about everything else is the same. The aftermarket diaphragms normally will have a stem to add to the pump diaphragm as you see with the Scott Drake offering. The Ford part # (C4AZ) indicates part usage starting in 1964 when Autolite was a Ford trade name. The 71-72 rebranding to Motorcraft was a name only change. So the listing you saw for Autolite would have the same fitment for your Motorcraft carburetor. Hope this helps some!!

Crossed your ID# D3AF-DC and the part list calls for a CM-463 (Motorcraft) or C4AZ-9B559-A (Ford) accelerator pump diaphragm. That is the diaphragm with the short stub. Ford had some later models carburetors that took the long stem diaphragm. That is why the Ford rebuild kit has both diaphragms in it as just about everything else is the same. The aftermarket diaphragms normally will have a stem to add to the pump diaphragm as you see with the Scott Drake offering. The Ford part # (C4AZ) indicates part usage starting in 1964 when Autolite was a Ford trade name. The 71-72 rebranding to Motorcraft was a name only change. So the listing you saw for Autolite would have the same fitment for your Motorcraft carburetor. Hope this helps some!!
Wow thanks for all the info! Your the best!

Back