Help Needed From Gulf Coast Members

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
H Code 351C
Hello All, been a while since I have posted anything here. I have been busy moving from Little Rock, AR to Santa Rosa Beach, FL.

Next week I am going to go back to Little Rock and get my 73 convertible. I'll be driving it and wondering if anyone has suggestions along Vicksburg, MS to Pensecola, FL route knows of a good shop in case I have any issues. I don't anticipate having trouble, and it is only 533 miles. But you can never be over prepared.

Car has a fresh tune-up, new points, new fuel pump, new alternator and voltage regulator, new battery and new fuel lines. So I think I've got most of what could go wrong covered. But again, you can't be overprepared... :)

Thanks!

Mate sounds like you're pretty well set up on getting the car running right. Did you get your work done at Mashburn Mustang or DIY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mate sounds like you're pretty well set up on getting the car running right. Did you get your work done at Mashburn Mustang or DIY
Got a "Travel To You" Mechanic that I know. He did the work. He does real good work and he is pretty low cost, so I use him when I can.

Plus, his son works for our company, so just trying to "throw a bone"... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, welcome to the Gulf Coast. I'd get AAA Plus (200 mile tow coverage) and not worry about it. If something breaks, our cars are old technology and someone can get it going pretty easily...unless you blow the engine or destroy the trans then that would put you out of commission for a while.

If the car is running good now with no issues I wouldn't worry about it too much. Take your time, watch your gauges and have at it. I've done far greater distances in somewhat questionable cars with success.

Hello All, been a while since I have posted anything here. I have been busy moving from Little Rock, AR to Santa Rosa Beach, FL.

Next week I am going to go back to Little Rock and get my 73 convertible. I'll be driving it and wondering if anyone has suggestions along Vicksburg, MS to Pensecola, FL route knows of a good shop in case I have any issues. I don't anticipate having trouble, and it is only 533 miles. But you can never be over prepared.

Car has a fresh tune-up, new points, new fuel pump, new alternator and voltage regulator, new battery and new fuel lines. So I think I've got most of what could go wrong covered. But again, you can't be overprepared... :)

Thanks!
Well, left Little Rock at 5:30 a.m. yesterday and got to Santa Rosa Beach, FL at 4:30 p.m. Car ran like a dream, I found I had to keep watching it closely, as it wanted to run a lot faster than I did... ::devil::

Thanks for everyone's advice!

Back