Hey from the Ozarks

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They’re Appliance, the budget alternative to Cragars. I bought my ’67 from the same friend as the '71 and it too has some wide ol’ Appliance wheels on it. Maybe the local JC Pennys had a sale about 40 years ago.

I love them! I worked on a 71 show car all through my teenage years that had a set of Cragers, maybe they were Appliance tho, I'll have to check, dont suppose you've got a spare set lying around eh? ;) They look great on both the Mustangs.

It’s too bad the chrome is pretty much shot on the eight wheels I’ve got. When they were new I wouldn’t have picked them but now I think they’re kinda retro cool. I don’t even want to think about what a quality re-chrome would cost.

It’s too bad the chrome is pretty much shot on the eight wheels I’ve got. When they were new I wouldn’t have picked them but now I think they’re kinda retro cool. I don’t even want to think about what a quality re-chrome would cost.

About $150 a wheel here, we cant find them so we have to make do with what we've got! You'd be amazed at some of the wheels we repaired. Lack of cars = lack of supply. Might you want to sell a set then?, I'll be shipping my Mustang back from Bakersfield soon and a set of those would look great in the back :)

About $150 a wheel here, we cant find them so we have to make do with what we've got! You'd be amazed at some of the wheels we repaired. Lack of cars = lack of supply. Might you want to sell a set then?, I'll be shipping my Mustang back from Bakersfield soon and a set of those would look great in the back :)

If you’re not in a hurry..would $100 plus expenses (removing tires and shipping) be fair for four? I need to get some other wheels for the car. I don’t currently have any spares to support the it. After the tires are off I can spin them to make sure they aren’t bent.

Welcome from W TN. My preference is originality if you look through any of my posts, but I agree with the others comments made to this point. If you enjoy working with the LS's then go for it. It is still a 71 - 73 to the outside world until the hood goes up. It would be great to see some of the pics as you progress on the installation. It may be a good way to help someone else out down the road with a similiar swap. Lord knows there are alot of parts available for the LS family of motors.

If you’re not in a hurry..would $100 plus expenses (removing tires and shipping) be fair for four? I need to get some other wheels for the car. I don’t currently have any spares to support the it. After the tires are off I can spin them to make sure they aren’t bent.

Hey that sounds awesome, count me in :) Not in a massive rush I'll probably put some floorpans in the rear before I ship it out.

thanks, the wheels will really help out, I know exactly where I'm going with my project, you can see the original car on my profile.

Hey that sounds awesome, count me in :) Not in a massive rush I'll probably put some floorpans in the rear before I ship it out.

thanks, the wheels will really help out, I know exactly where I'm going with my project, you can see the original car on my profile.

I’m a little worried about the front offset. If they aren’t rubbing that must be very close.

The rears look like you could go with bigger tires. The fronts are 225-70-14. The rears are 235-60-14.

If you want them I’ll put your name on them. No rush on this end.

DSCN1762.jpg

DSCN1761.jpg

DSCN1759.jpg

I’m a little worried about the front offset. If they aren’t rubbing that must be very close.

The rears look like you could go with bigger tires. The fronts are 225-70-14. The rears are 235-60-14.

If you want them I’ll put your name on them. No rush on this end.

Yep put my name on them, not too worried if they rub the guard, I'll just modify the lip a little, they look great to me, I'll pay for them as soon as you want. Thanks very much

all the best

Ben

Hi and ::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

I am a huge Mopar fan myself, so I´m not into brand bashing at all.

Except for French cars but that is pushing the term "cars" already pretty far. :)

Welcome to our site from coastal Alabama! Be sure to add a pin to our member map under the Fun Stuff tab at the top of the page.

I don’t swap engines to please or offend anyone, I do it searching for the performance I want within my limited budget.
You may want to read up on the amazing 351C. :D http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-the-amazing-351c-4v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back