Hood pins? Good idea or bad?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about a twist on style but make it flush with the housing. Then have groves or a design like that on a wheel lock?

Anything with a lock on it.
Sorry but no
Surely there must be some aftermarket hood lock out there.

I thought this would do it, but the shop said there's nothing in the front of the car to really mount the latch.

http://www.amazon.com/Megatronix-Mechanical-Cable-Ignition-Interrupt/dp/B00375R0N0/ref=sr_1_5?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1371608407&sr=1-5&keywords=hood+locks

The radiator support is metal

But even with that on our cars open type grille area, you could still reach in and grab the lever - a cable will flex

I use to have a chain and padlock when people were stealing ram air bases - it was pain though

Hmm.. Not exactly what I was thinking. It looks like something that came off of a snack machine.

Hello Fellow Enthusiasts; I going to add the twist locks to my 73 Mach 1 CJ. Is there a template for the hood holes that need to be drilled?...Thanks!, Mark
I don't know of any template

Jeff on here did a nice write up when he installed his set

The hood has the hole in the bottom plate already

I have a kit I made up with hardware and all the parts

Item #71HDLCKSET/R

71-73 HOOD LOCK KIT, COMPLETE 32 PIECES

Reproduction twist lock set up. Includes two hood locks, two radiator brackets, two original tooling catches, two original tooling retainers, AMK fastener kit F-1351 (12 pc kit), AMK fastener kit F-1631 (8 pc kit) and AMK fastener kit F-1630 (4 pc kit). Price: $219.95

Item #HLKIT71-73

71-73 HOOD TWIST LOCK KIT, COMPLETE 32PC, OE TOOL

Complete 32 piece twist lock kit, everything you need to install. Twist locks, retainers and catches are all made using Ford's Original Tooling.

Price: $269.95

Don

Back