• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Hood wanted

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande (Viktoria)
302 with a C4
I have a 1971 Coupe with a standard hood that is bowed pretty badly in the middle. I am not interested in the Ram Air hood, but would like to find a nice undamaged (to include bowing) standard hood in Southern California to buy. I am on a budget but would like to do this soon so I can get started on body work. Thanks everyone!

- Nik

Crap! I threw this one away.:mad: I may know of one here in Escondido. I will check on Monday.
What!. That would have made good wall art for the garage! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I've got a mint one in Central NY!!

@ Mike, thanks, I look forward to hearing from you and we need to hook up soon anyway! @ everyone else I appreciate the replies, just trying to find one local so that shipping cost is not a factor. I found out on Thursday after taking here to the alignment shop that all of my front steering linkage should be replaced, and i have slight frame damage, this is a huge hit to my budget! Thanks again!

@ Mike, thanks, I look forward to hearing from you and we need to hook up soon anyway! @ everyone else I appreciate the replies, just trying to find one local so that shipping cost is not a factor. I found out on Thursday after taking here to the alignment shop that all of my front steering linkage should be replaced, and i have slight frame damage, this is a huge hit to my budget! Thanks again!
Hey Nik, I just got back from checking on the hood. This guy has 2 Mustangs. One convertible that he is restoring and a clean original sportroof . I sold him a NASA hood a while back for the sportroof which he has not switched out. Any way he told me that he may have a buyer for the sportroof and may just let it go as is. I hope he doesn't sell it because the sportroof has original 15" sport wheel covers that I have been trying to buy off him for awhile for the original steel wheels. He said he would let me know. I asked what he need for the hood,he told me 100.00 to 150.00. The hood is in very nice condition.
Mike

Crap! I threw this one away.:mad: I may know of one here in Escondido. I will check on Monday.

At the time I had a Sprint hood that I was trying to sell for like ever.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Nik, I just got back from checking on the hood. This guy has 2 Mustangs. One convertible that he is restoring and a clean original sportroof . I sold him a NASA hood a while back for the sportroof which he has not switched out. Any way he told me that he may have a buyer for the sportroof and may just let it go as is. I hope he doesn't sell it because the sportroof has original 15" sport wheel covers that I have been trying to buy off him for awhile for the original steel wheels. He said he would let me know. I asked what he need for the hood,he told me 100.00 to 150.00. The hood is in very nice condition.
Mike

At the time I had a Sprint hood that I was trying to sell for like ever.:D
@ mike, that sounds excellent! Let me know when he wants it picked up. thanks!

Back