Hurricane Party at my house

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can just start to see the band that is touching Mobile in this sat pic.

vis-l.jpg

Y'all be careful and I hope everything rides it out well. I even hope for the best with when it makes landfall wherever that happens, if nothing more than keeping the media and the current administration from finding a way to blame Bush once again. rofl

Seriously though - best wishes and good fortune to all in the path!

well its about 12 hours but you could store tha shhTANG at my house in Florida. There's an empty garage!!

Cat 1 isnt that bad. We had 5 about 6 years ago with Francis and her brothers coming through Florida.

Be safe Don.... and dont let anybody fool ya...our brothers in Tinhuhcee make some goot sipp'n whiskey:D

Thanks all! I'm sure the storm will be fine, looks like landfall sometime tomorrow afternoon/evening. Thanks for all the garage offers.

Walmart update: I wandered back over there and they had packages of water everywhere and even had (6) 5500kw generators for sale...of course they were Chinease made generators so don't expect them to last until next hurricane season. :-/

Last edited by a moderator:
A little overly pre-cautious but schools were out today so I stayed home with the kids and burned a vacation day from work. Now rightly so they've canceled school for tomorrow and Wednesday. I work downtown just off the Mobile bay so everything down there is also closed up for a couple of days.

My wife is a nurse, hospitals don't close, sooo I'm home alone with the kids. We've eaten through a portion of our hurricane food supply today. I cant help it...the Cheese-its were calling my name until we ate the whole box. Good thing the beer fridge wasn't calling my name. :D

A little overly pre-cautious but schools were out today so I stayed home with the kids and burned a vacation day from work. Now rightly so they've canceled school for tomorrow and Wednesday. I work downtown just off the Mobile bay so everything down there is also closed up for a couple of days.

My wife is a nurse, hospitals don't close, sooo I'm home alone with the kids. We've eaten through a portion of our hurricane food supply today. I cant help it...the Cheese-its were calling my name until we ate the whole box. Good thing the beer fridge wasn't calling my name. :D
Hang in there with the kids, Don. I've got a CARE package that I might have to crack open if it gets bad over there (I'm hoping the Jack is close to the top). :p

I'd like to hear from our Louisiana buddies on here to see how they are doing. They are welcome to come to the party here. When Rita hit TX we had 3 families come over for a couple of weeks for that storm and aftermath. I don't think Isaac is going to be too bad but you never know. It has the potential to flood the low-lying areas and over flow the rivers.

Hang in there Don and keep us posted. Praying for you and your family along with everybody in the storms path.

Irene hit us this time last year. I was in WV with my daughter and wife was home alone without power for a couple of days. Stay safe.

Back