I need help with the interior wire harness!!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug The Dog

I'm back!
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible, 351CJ, 5 Speed. Currently being restored. Projected finish date is some day.....
Does anyone have pictures of their interior wire harness while the seats and carpet are removed? More specifically, I need to see how the drivers side seat belt sensor wire harness is laid out and installed. Mine is throwing me for a loop. Also, I need pictures of the connectors behind the parking brake for a 73 convertible. I didn't have a digital camera when I took the car apart and didn't get as many pictures as I should have. Many thanks!

-Travis

The drawing is for a 1972 but, may be of some help. Are you referring to the harness connectors inside an opening in the A pillar at the floor and goes vertically through a rectangular plastic retainer retained with two screws, or something else? Chuck

SCAN0021.JPG

Don't have a picture of the parking brake area, but there is a metal retainer close to the cowl bottom. The retainer is an angled/ bendable steel piece that's about three inches long. It bends at the side panel attachment and it bends again about an inch out from the attachment. The harness runs above it, and you bend the retainer up and around it to hold the harness away from the brake assembly.

Back