If you had a time machine...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time travel to the past does not exist because there is really no such thing as "time" to travel through. "Time" is only a creation of human intelligence that tracks the passage of growth and decay. The chemical proceeses can't be reversed...hence, no Time Travel.

At least that's how I see it...

I'm thinking it would be cool to jump back to various points in my own life and get a "do-over" on a few things... armed with the "if I only knew then what I know now" type stuff. Kinda like re-reading a "choose your own adventure" novel and picking your favorite outcome knowing what waits if you pick the other door.

I don't know that I'd want the pressure of having any kind of influence on "important" people from history. I don't know how key the "everything happens for a reason" is to our existence, but various things having different outcomes could indeed bring about other options implied by the "well, it could be worse" reactions after major events transpire. I'm not so sure I'd want that much responsibility piled directly onto me - especially, without a 'sneak preview & do-over' option.

If I could communicate with my younger self, I would encourage me to eat more healthy and maintain a reasonable weight. Healthy, attractive people just seem to be generally more succesful in life, and I think that would make a positive difference on today's "me".

I might drop a few hints about facebook too.

And send Justin Bieber's dad a box of condoms.

We all have time machines.... at least into the future.

Yugo leaves point A at 12:00

Mach 1 leaves point A at 12:30

Yugo arrives at point B at 1:00

Mach 1 arrives at point B at 12:50

Mach 1 has travelled faster through perceived time relative to distance and arrived in the Yugo's future before it did.::huh:::

Time travel to the past does not exist because there is really no such thing as "time" to travel through. "Time" is only a creation of human intelligence that tracks the passage of growth and decay. The chemical proceeses can't be reversed...hence, no Time Travel.

At least that's how I see it...
According to Einstein, the universe is forever expanding and we (earth) are hurling through space with it. Time as most know it (revolutions of earth around the sun) cannot be reversed, however, true time is measured by how far we travel through space away from the center of the universe, and is measured by the speed of light. Now if you can wrap your head around this, if you could travel at the speed of light in the opposite direction of earths travel through space, time would stand still. If you could exceed the speed of light, then theoretically you would be traveling back in time. Only thing wrong with his thinking is, even if you could accomplish this, and it was true, if earth is already in the future from where you are then how are you going back in time?

Time only exists in the past. there is no future time to measure, nor is there a present because as soon as time is measured, it becomes the past. Light on the other hand can exist in the future if ole wild hair is right. If you could travel the speed of light, and traveled in the same direction that earth was going, you could indeed arrive at a point in time before earth, and when earth catches up, everything on earth would be older, but you would remain as you left.

Of coarse this is all theory and impossible for us to prove at this point, but someday I really think a human will be able to travel that fast without disintegrating and will prove once and for all if time travel is possible.

Geez...no one wants to go back in time to see me invent dirt?

Its that damn exponential of mass relative to velocity thing that screws up everything.

this is depressing I'm going to go sit in my Mach 0.15765 and cheer up.
Yes, but if you could send something without mass, then you could potentially send a message back through time, but I'm not sure how anyone would be able to receive it unless they developed the process and built a receiver and then used the receiver to receive future messages from their theoretical transmitter.

What would this massless medium be though?

Neutrinos come close, but they are not massless.

Ok, here's my time-travel plan: The wife and I would go back to when we first got married, taking about $100,000 with us.

We would meet our younger, past-selves and send them forward to today.

The wife and I would then travel back a little further to the early 60's , and re-experience the 60's as adults with expendable income. I would make a few minor, but well-informed investments so that our younger selves in today's time will have plenty of income to enjoy thier youth in style and wonderment.

After a few years, we all go back to our natural time, all of us now with plenty of sweat-free income to enjoy ourselves.

Will that work?

One minute I'm reading the 7173mustangs.com forum, and the next minute I'm back in a college Theoretical Physics class. I'm depressed. I think I'm going to go out and sit in my convertible and drink a beer. :p

I'd go back 25 years and buy that XA GT RPO83 2 door for 6 grand ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back