I'm gonna try to make these....

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

Don65Stang

Super Mods
Reaction score
My Car
Several.
Interesting & I like it. However I would weld the stands to the base and make the base slightly larger still since it is a rolling Jack stand. The extra weld and larger base will add to the stability. That's my structural engineering analysis for the day. :)

RocketFoot

Stangin' ain't easy but somebody gotta do it!
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Yeah, the more stable the better! Those look a little wobbly to me! :s

OLE PONY

VIP Members
Staff member
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Conv.
01 Mustang Bullitt (my son owns now)
04 Oxford White Mach 1
04 Azure Blue Mach 1 (sold)
Probably those are OK for Vdub's, but for our Detroit Iron I would go with Don's advice!

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
Nance,

I would agree with the posts above when it comes to the stability of a rolling jackstand and one of them getting caught up on a piece of debris on the floor when you are moving the car.

I have several sets of dollies like these that I move my cars around with. If your car is on all 4 wheels these work great. I can turn the car around in the garagre with the help of another person.

image_2049.jpg

If you car lacks the suspension (like mine) this is what I am preparing to make to bolt onto my car vary shortly. My car is just currently a bare shell getting ready for paint and body.

4709805.jpg

The rear dolly set will fit 67 - 73 mustangs. I should have some dimensions in the next week or so and I will post them on the forum.

OLE PONY

VIP Members
Staff member
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Conv.
01 Mustang Bullitt (my son owns now)
04 Oxford White Mach 1
04 Azure Blue Mach 1 (sold)
Nance,

I would agree with the posts above when it comes to the stability of a rolling jackstand and one of them getting caught up on a piece of debris on the floor when you are moving the car.

I have several sets of dollies like these that I move my cars around with. If your car is on all 4 wheels these work great. I can turn the car around in the garagre with the help of another person.

If you car lacks the suspension (like mine) this is what I am preparing to make to bolt onto my car vary shortly. My car is just currently a bare shell getting ready for paint and body.

The rear dolly set will fit 67 - 73 mustangs. I should have some dimensions in the next week or so and I will post them on the forum.
Yours look much sturdier than the homemade ones from the first post!

Reaction score
My Car
1969 Mach 1
1973 Mach 1
1973 Grande
1989 LX 5.0L
2003 Mercury Marauder
2015 Lincoln MKT
I, too, agree that the stability "thing" would be a PRIMARY issue in my mind.

If you have wheels/tires on your Mustang, I would think you would be better served to simply purchase the car dollies as mentioned by "bkdunha" above. That in my estimation is an EXCELLENT solution.

Either way, I admire your interest in trying to make things easier when moving your Mustang around the garage:).

BT

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
Nance,

Neglected to add that you can get the ones to place under the car tires at Harbour Freight for $60 to $100. Try and get the ones with the hard plastic wheels vs. the steel wheels. The plastic wheels are rounded a little more and tend to turn easier and roll better. This helps when trying to move 2 tons by yourself.

Don65Stang

Super Mods
Reaction score
My Car
Several.
Make the base 2 x the height and it will be fine. Just don't raise the jack stands to a higher notch and no worries. Better yet, tack weld that too and limit the height. You could get by with 1.5 x the height but you are pushing it and it would be much easier for it to tumble over. The VW stands from the earlier post looks like 1.5 x the height, but I didn't measure or put any brain waves to it. But definitely didn't look like something I would have in my garage without beefing it up some. I just hope the limb in the front yard will hold that engine a few more weeks though, it's definitely not 2 x the height. :/

TommyK

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Convertible
Nance,

Neglected to add that you can get the ones to place under the car tires at Harbour Freight for $60 to $100. Try and get the ones with the hard plastic wheels vs. the steel wheels. The plastic wheels are rounded a little more and tend to turn easier and roll better. This helps when trying to move 2 tons by yourself.
Anyone who I have talked to including my brother who has a set says that the Harbor Freight ones suck. And he only tries to push around a little POS Porsche.