In-Game Photos from Gran Turismo 5 of a '71 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkelley

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1

• 351C-4V "Q-Code"
• Cammed, Hooker Longtubes, Edelbrock Manifold, Holley 600CFM, Glasspacks, Unknown Gears
• C4 Auto
Took some pictures with the game's built in photography mode. Check them out here: '71 Mustang Mach 1 - Gran Turismo 5. Let me know if the album doesn't work for you guys.

ahrweilertownsquare.jpg

Wow! Looks almost like a photo!

Just added a front and read spoiler to it. I'll take some more pictures later, gotta go to work.

Wow! Except for the headlights not being set quite far enough back in, they're gorgeous! Almost... ALMOST makes me want to get a PS3 now.

Thanks for sharing!

I just got the game and am excited about getting the car. Is the front bumper wrong? I thought 73 was the only year that had color match bumper, but that one doesn't look like it sticks out as far as a 73.

I'm having more fun taking pictures than actually playing the game. Here's a few more with a color change, added front and rear spoilers plus race exhaust.

7vrW8.jpg

qh3kL.jpg

pdIUy.jpg

5l13T.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It'll be interesting to see if there is any kind of increase in the popularity of the '71-73s as a result of the game. I think it'll be very slight, but noticeable. The will most likely be some new interest from kids playing the game, as well as older players that already liked the cars but have 'forgotten' them over the years. Especially if the in-game car physics don't have these cars handling like rolling turds, like some of the other 'straight-line' muscle cars from the era.

Keep your eyes and ears open - you might be surprised.

I'll get some videos of it in action. It actually handles like a dream after setting up the race suspension and everything.

All mach 1's had color matching front bumpers.
Learn something new everyday. Heres a little pic of my car from the replay.
sNcS4.jpg
This game is badass. Love the fact you can roll cars.

I have the game and steering wheel and pedal set with the stand to set it up for actual driving position. I drove from my car seat while redoing the interior and it is spookily similar to my actual car in the way it responds as long as you don't overbuild the Gran Turismo version

forza motorsport 4 has another nice 71 stang

GT5 is a PS3 exclusive. I was VERY excited when I read that they had a 71 Mach 1 in the game. The one thing I really don't like about adding the front spoiler is that it also adds some goofy ground effects to the sides. At least they made it a premium car so you can change the wheels, add the spoilers, etc.

Since someone mentioned Forza 4, there is also a 70 Cougar Eliminator.

Chris

Told ya'll this game was awesome.
Yeah GT5 is awesome. I fooled a few guys on here with a GT5 pic a while ago. :p

GT5 is a PS3 exclusive. I was VERY excited when I read that they had a 71 Mach 1 in the game. The one thing I really don't like about adding the front spoiler is that it also adds some goofy ground effects to the sides. At least they made it a premium car so you can change the wheels, add the spoilers, etc.

Since someone mentioned Forza 4, there is also a 70 Cougar Eliminator.

Chris
In one of the updates they changed it so you can change the wheels of standard cars.

Latest posts

Back