INFO WANTED: AIR CLEANER DECAL FOR 351C 2V RAM AIR

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3k73

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mcode mach-1
73 Qcode Sportsroof
73 Hcode convertible
73 Hcode Sportsroof
was wondering what that decal looks like and where i can get one i did buy one from NPD but doesn''t have the right shape to fit the lid...any help would be appreciated...thank you,3k73

Ram Air, which was standard on the Boss and optional on other models, had no decal on the housing or lid other than the '71 Autolite or the '72/ Motorcraft service label on the left front of the housing. There was never any decal or label on the lid. If you are not concerned about originality or preparing a concourse-level vehicle, you should do whatever scratches your itch. I always felt like the air cleaner housing looked like something was missing, with nothing on the lid. The decal I've seen most often used and should fit your lid is the "351 C.I.D. Ram Air" from the '69-70 GT-350 Shelby.
https://www.npdlink.com/product/dec...2Bdecal&top_parent=200001&year=1969&year=1969 As for the blue and white decal in your other post, that decal is for the 72/ standard air cleaner housing lid, and most have a reputation for the arch being off and not fitting at all without some creative trimming!

Ram Air, which was standard on the Boss and optional on other models, had no decal on the housing or lid other than the '71 Autolite or the '72/ Motorcraft service label on the left front of the housing. There was never any decal or label on the lid. If you are not concerned about originality or preparing a concourse-level vehicle, you should do whatever scratches your itch. I always felt like the air cleaner housing looked like something was missing, with nothing on the lid. The decal I've seen most often used and should fit your lid is the "351 C.I.D. Ram Air" from the '69-70 GT-350 Shelby.
https://www.npdlink.com/product/dec...2Bdecal&top_parent=200001&year=1969&year=1969 As for the blue and white decal in your other post, that decal is for the 72/ standard air cleaner housing lid, and most have a reputation for the arch being off and not fitting at all without some creative trimming!
Thanks Secluff so there never was a decal on 73 ram air cleaner lids

Agreed that the repro stickers are not a perfect match to the curvature of the factory 2v non-ram air cleaner lid. I went through several different suppliers to find one "close". I think I bought mine through ECS. My 72 non-ram air cleaner

Attachments

• 72 engine.JPG
    72 engine.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Agreed that the repro stickers are not a perfect match to the curvature of the factory 2v non-ram air cleaner lid. I went through several different suppliers to find one "close". I think I bought mine through ECS. My 72 non-ram air cleaner
bkdunha very nice engine compartment. Is that a Autolite retro battery or a cover? Either way it looks great.

Thanks Secluff so there never was a decal on 73 ram air cleaner lids

Hey 3k73,
No decal was production installed on any '71-3 ram air housing lid. As I had mentioned, the blue/white decals were for the '72/ non-ram air standard air cleaner lids, and the repos fit very poorly to not at all on them! You'll notice on the original and some of the repo decals that there will be a "9C611" number with various prefixes and suffix numbers. Usually, those engineering numbers can be crossed to a Ford service part number, but Ford never released those decals for service, so no part numbers were ever issued for them.
I would certainly check out the '69-70 Shelby decal; they look pretty nice with the foil background.

The photo below shows a Concours-level restored Boss 351 engine with no decal on the ram air housing lid. This was Ford's policy on all '71-73 ram air Mustangs.
1681158101791.png

II have only gotten glass parts from ECS, which they etched with the proper data and product codes. I took note that they have a large assortent of decals and labels. I know at east one other post above mentions them. I thought it was appropriate for me to toss their name out there also:

https://ecsauto.com/collections/ford-decals

bkdunha very nice engine compartment. Is that a Autolite retro battery or a cover? Either way it looks great.
Repro battery. In judging you get a deduction for cover. This is my second battery. My first one lasted 2014 to fall 2022. I thought that was a good life span. Hopefully this one will last as long.

II have only gotten glass parts from ECS, which they etched with the proper data and product codes. I took note that they have a large assortent of decals and labels. I know at east one other post above mentions them. I thought it was appropriate for me to toss their name out there also:

https://ecsauto.com/collections/ford-decals
Thanks MrGmHale

WHY in the world would you want to advertise that your engine has a 2 Barrel Carb? :unsure:
:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Probably for the same reason some guys still rock the original inline 6 motors with 1 barrel carbs and the cast iron exhaust manifold.
Its more about keeping the car original and they way it came from the factory. Not every car needs to be a hotrod.

Probably for the same reason some guys still rock the original inline 6 motors with 1 barrel carbs and the cast iron exhaust manifold.
Its more about keeping the car original and they way it came from the factory. Not every car needs to be a hotrod.
Really? Gosh darn! I didn't know that! Thanks for pointing that out! Laugh much?

Back