• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Inner Fender Coil Guard

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zach

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1 351c 4 speed
Howdy, I noticed I am missing the splash guard that goes on the outside of the engine bay in between the spring and the outer front fender, previous owner must of tossed it or it rusted out. Curious if there are good replacements and/or someone selling them. Doesn't have to be anywhere near perfect just in one piece. Also how important is this part? Not going for concourse or anything, if it is a practical part I will utilize it. Left and Right. Also thinking about fabbing one myself depending on how precise it needs to be. Thanks.

Howdy, I noticed I am missing the splash guard that goes on the outside of the engine bay in between the spring and the outer front fender, previous owner must of tossed it or it rusted out. Curious if there are good replacements and/or someone selling them. Doesn't have to be anywhere near perfect just in one piece. Also how important is this part? Not going for concourse or anything, if it is a practical part I will utilize it. Left and Right. Also thinking about fabbing one myself depending on how precise it needs to be. Thanks.
Do you need right or left side? I think I have them both, will have look

Are you talking about the part that has the bump stop that covers the coil spring?

Global west sells their upgraded ones if you are going to add an upper control arm with additional caster.

I have my take offs as well.

Here are pix.

Attachments

• IMG_3849.jpeg
    IMG_3849.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3846.jpeg
    IMG_3846.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3848.jpeg
    IMG_3848.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3850.jpeg
    IMG_3850.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3852.jpeg
    IMG_3852.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3853.jpeg
    IMG_3853.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3854.jpeg
    IMG_3854.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3855.jpeg
    IMG_3855.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3857.jpeg
    IMG_3857.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3858.jpeg
    IMG_3858.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
To answer the question, ”is it important?” Yes it is. It provides important structural rigidity to the shock tower as well as locates the bump stop. Either factory ones (which can be had as repros) or something fabricated like the Global West ones (which I didn’t know about and look great) should be in place.

Rob

Maybe I will have to rummage through the part pile first, find it hard to believe I’m missing them, previous owner spent a lot of money on complete suspension overhaul and never got around to it. Didn’t realize it held the bump stop, thanks for the info. Gonna check back once I make sure I’m missing them.

Back