Installing The Venting System and Dashboard

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slicks73

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1
Do anyone out there no of any videos or manual that can help me reinstall my dashboard and venting system (AC) back into my 1973 Mach 1 - It was already taken out when I purchased the car.

DSCF0032.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do anyone out there no of any videos or manual that can help me reinstall my dashboard and venting system (AC) back into my 1973 Mach 1 - It was already taken out when I purchased the car.
I can't get you anything until tomorrow AM. If someone doesn't post by then, I will.

Hardest part will be the fasteners/clips.

That would depend on what your putting back in. Are you going back with the A/C? Then you need to install the box first AFTER you put in a new heater core. I can help with that PITA. Then install the blower. Then the dash AFTER you connect the blower assembley and temp and selector cables while you can get to them. Don't forget to check out the controller for the blower/heat/AC

I can't get you anything until tomorrow AM. If someone doesn't post by then, I will.

Hardest part will be the fasteners/clips.
Hey Wolverine, did you have any additional information-all I can get would be helpful-thanks

I'll try to do a copy paste on my service manual in the morning. I may have to do it in sections though. Hell yours is well on it's way comared to mine.

DSCN2150.JPG

Hey Wolverine, did you have any additional information-all I can get would be helpful-thanks
Stay thirsty my friend....it will be posted within the hour.

Hope these help.

I went through the 1973 Ford Shop Manuals for electrical and body.

The attachments seem to be the most pertinent pages.

There IS NOT a figure for the dash wiring for the Mustang/Cougar in the INSTRUMENT PANEL TO DASH. Don't know why. They have a pinto for pete's sake. This has been an issue before. Maybe someone has a 71 or 72 manual.

Good Luck.

If there is anything else, just ask, wait 3 days and ask again.

james.

===========

Body, Instrument Panel Pad

1973_ServiceManual_Body_InstrumentPanelPadr_45-61_2pp.pdf

Electrical, Heat & Air A/C

1973_ServiceManual_Electrical_Heat_Air_36-42_12pp.pdf

Electrical, Instrument Panel to Dash

1973_ServiceManual_Electrical_InstrumentPanelToDash_34-01_3pp.pdf

Electrical, Ventilation System

1973_ServiceManual_Electrical_VentilationSystem_36-01_4pp.pdf

Electrical, Heating System

1973_ServiceManual_Electrical_HeatingSystem_36-12_2pp.pdf

Attachments

• 1973_ServiceManual_Body_InstrumentPanelPadr_45-61_2pp.pdf
    400.7 KB
  • 1973_ServiceManual_Electrical_Heat_Air_36-42_12pp.pdf
    2.3 MB
  • 1973_ServiceManual_Electrical_InstrumentPanelToDash_34-01_3pp.pdf
    669.4 KB
  • 1973_ServiceManual_Electrical_VentilationSystem_36-01_4pp.pdf
    700 KB
  • 1973_ServiceManual_Electrical_HeatingSystem_36-12_2pp.pdf
    546.6 KB
Last edited by a moderator:
I'll try to do a copy paste on my service manual in the morning. I may have to do it in sections though. Hell yours is well on it's way comared to mine.
Man its like you and wolfy are long lost twins separated at birth. Finishing each ones thoughts and post and such..........................................:p

Man its like you and wolfy are long lost twins separated at birth. Finishing each ones thoughts and post and such..........................................:p
The only person allowed to finish my thoughts is my wife...

Thanks greatly - I'll surely complete the task at hand now - Thanks again

Hope these help.

I went through the 1973 Ford Shop Manuals for electrical and body.

The attachments seem to be the most pertinent pages.

There IS NOT a figure for the dash wiring for the Mustang/Cougar in the INSTRUMENT PANEL TO DASH. Don't know why. They have a pinto for pete's sake. This has been an issue before. Maybe someone has a 71 or 72 manual.

Good Luck.

If there is anything else, just ask, wait 3 days and ask again.

james.

===========

Body, Instrument Panel Pad

Electrical, Heat & Air A/C

Electrical, Instrument Panel to Dash

Electrical, Ventilation System

Electrical, Heating System

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN.

Back