introducing the Hulk

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful car. Did the p.o. add Ram Air then take it back off ? If I’m correct RA wasn’t available on 4V cars.
If I recall correctly, that was only in '73. Apparently Ford got caught fudging the emission numbers so only 2V cars ended up being certified for ram air.

+1, ram air was available as an option on both 2V and 4V 351Cs in 1972. His Marti Report doesn't show it as an option so it probably didn't have it from the factory. The P.O. may have just added the ram air decals. Mach1s came with the NASA style hoods, but not with ram air.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only way to get the argent or black accent paint on the 72 NASA hood was to order the Ram Air option for the 351 2bl or 4bl (early production only on 4bl). The elimination of the 4bl Ram Air was a emissions/certification issue between Ford and our ever-watchful Government. Boss1Ray and I tried to research and get a more specific date, but with cars not built-in numerical sequence numbers, that is like a running change on the assembly line, impossible to date.
With a 4/4/72 production date and not listed on the Marti report, it would be safe to say Mike's car was not originally equipped with this option. I ordered a '72 Q code Gran Torino Sport that I specifically requested Ram Air. It was built on 5/12/72 and arrived without the requested option. If the salesman had read the bulletin from Ford explaining the deleted option on 4bl applications, he could have saved himself from a very angry exchange with his customer. :whistling:
That is a well-optioned car as it sits. The dark green metallic/argent combo was always one of my favorites. Unless you attempt to take back to a Concours/as-built condition, you should do whatever it takes to "Scratch your itch"!
Welcome to your new Mustang home.

thanks all for the responses and welcomes and the education on the fact my car did in fact not! come with ram air but already went to the expense and trouble of changing which included removing carb spacer and re-mounting the  AC compressor since it was mounted to close to the hood. do not entering shows under "Concourse" but like the original look. my 69 GT was a Concourse car, took 3rd in 69-72 all makes and models restored at Houston Autorama but Uncle Sam wanted it more than I did in 2020 right the pandemic hit and my business got shut down. the 72' is my start back up car

IMG_3864.JPG

Back