Kirt Fryer 1971 Mustang collection

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Some nice pics and info. 6 are up for auction at Mecum:

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2016/04/05/an-unusual-obsession-six-pack-of-71-mustangs-from-the-kirt-fryer-collection-heads-to-auction/

Group-700x200.jpg

I would like to go take a look. I think Pastel Blue is going to look. You have to take any of them with a grain of salt. I personally know of one of the head judges for MCA that has things on his car that is not original but says they are. I knew the car from new and it just keeps changing but is said to be 100% original and stock. That is why I dropped out of the show circuit. They write the rule to fit their cars not what Ford did. It is all a money game.

David

I would like to go take a look. I think Pastel Blue is going to look. You have to take any of them with a grain of salt. I personally know of one of the head judges for MCA that has things on his car that is not original but says they are. I knew the car from new and it just keeps changing but is said to be 100% original and stock. That is why I dropped out of the show circuit. They write the rule to fit their cars not what Ford did. It is all a money game.

David
Yes, I am planning on making the 8 1/2hr trip... Have never been to Indy, look forward to the trip. I am most interested in the PB coupe, go figure....

, but the others are nice also. I have looked these cars over where the pictures allowed online and there have been quite a few changes in the lot of them. I hope to get up close to these if possible, looking for "originality" shots to possibly use for my resto.

As for MCA, as much as I would like to do a 100 point car, at the end of the day, not the end of the world for me if I don't get there. 90+ would be nice... As noted in your response here, there are some in the MCA concours world who think their word is gospel... Don't really have time for all that BS...

I am going to do a really nice resto on mine, 10's of thousands invested... But it will be done to my taste and still represent the rarity of this car well. Not sure if I will ever do an MCA show... Too bad my car was not ready this year, there is a big MCA show just down the road from me (60mi) in Buffalo this summer. Will definitely attend as a visitor...

Back