Laurel mountain mustang subframe connectors

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Mustang
Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone has used the LMM subframe connectors?? I did a search on here and found alot of info, but nothing from anyone that has used them first hand. Looks like i might be out that way this week and thought i might be able to pick up a set and not have to worry about shipping those big things. Any input or first hand experience with these would be great. Thanks

I have a set of Global West sub frame connectors on mine - love 'em. Easy to install, tuck up about as close to the floor pan as you can get.

I'm actually using them as jacking points right now with the rear axle off the floor while I finish up my fuel pump stuff.

Thanks Guys. I did end up getting a set from LMM. They are pretty good quality. I was able to get one side installed last night. Sorry no pics. They hug the floor pretty good, have a couple gaps here and there but nothing major. Seem like they will really stiffen up the chasis. I welded mine on where ever i could get weld. The front of them slide into the front frame. I cut the back of the frame rail open and slid the connector inside about 5-6 inches and then welded it all around. Seems to hold pretty good. For added strength you could always drill a hole through the frame and the connector and sandwich it all together also. But i think i have plenty of weld on it. I will try to get some pics of the other side when i install it this weekend. A little touch up grinding and paint and we will be ready for the 408!!!!

Thanks Guys. I did end up getting a set from LMM. They are pretty good quality. I was able to get one side installed last night. Sorry no pics. They hug the floor pretty good, have a couple gaps here and there but nothing major. Seem like they will really stiffen up the chasis. I welded mine on where ever i could get weld. The front of them slide into the front frame. I cut the back of the frame rail open and slid the connector inside about 5-6 inches and then welded it all around. Seems to hold pretty good. For added strength you could always drill a hole through the frame and the connector and sandwich it all together also. But i think i have plenty of weld on it. I will try to get some pics of the other side when i install it this weekend. A little touch up grinding and paint and we will be ready for the 408!!!!
Look forward to the pics

Can i ask what you did to make sure the car was sitting straight before you started welding? Global West told me not to put the car on a chassis lift. It should be sitting on the tires, which is possible to find, just not as common. What did you guys do?

Well guys I did manage to get the subframe connectors in. I didn't get them all ground, seam sealed and painted though. Ran out of time. I'm pretty happy how they fit. Seem like they will do wonders for stiffening the chassis. I got a couple pics of them but its kinda hard when the car is only a foot off the ground. Really sucks welding like that. I will get some more, better pics when I get them finished up. Hopefully early this week. To get the car sitting even on the suspension I just jack up each corner and place a cement block under each wheel.

xy5hz.jpg

f3expj.jpg

2vmasef.jpg

ephzxg.jpg

Hello turtle5353,

I have installed that same brand of sub frame connectors. My body man had to do some modifications to them due to the bends were not exact fit. We also extended them about 4 inches in the back for better fit and bite to the rear sub frame. We added a few more side to fame plates in the back area. In the end, he welded them in. They are a nice edition. We were able to do more since the floor pans were cutout for replacement. Here are some pictures.

2lu5dvm.jpg

o882ld.jpg

140lybt.jpg

33nuw0l.jpg

After all is said and done, I would probably bite the bullet and would have bought the Tinman sub frame connectors. The next option would have been the Global connectors.

mustang7173 :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back