LED headlight conversion

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q code
2007 GT
1969 Cougar Eliminator B302
CSX 7000 Shelby Cobra FIA
2020 Edge ST
2002 F250 V10
I want to upgrade the headlights on my 2002 Ford F-250 from Halogen to LED. There are too many sources all claiming to be the best. Most struggle for proper beam pattern and placement relative to the reflector. Has anyone upgraded to LEDs and seen a big difference in how far you can see? Any information is appreciated as the subject is a you tube rabbit hole. Chuck

I want to upgrade the headlights on my 2002 Ford F-250 from Halogen to LED. There are too many sources all claiming to be the best. Most struggle for proper beam pattern and placement relative to the reflector. Has anyone upgraded to LEDs and seen a big difference in how far you can see? Any information is appreciated as the subject is a you tube rabbit hole. Chuck
i found some 4 sided leds on e bay   love the light i get  i got the 32000 lum  or the 120 what

Last edited by a moderator:
C9ZX, if you change your halogen bulbs to LED on your F250 make sure that there is good ventilation on the LEDs, heat will kill their lifespan. I had XHP50's on my F150 and even though there was just rubber boots on the caps behind the LEDs, I ended up changing them out after about 6 months because the fans on them could not get rid of the heat fast enough. I changed out to some ebay versions with the braided heat sink (looked like folded over ground straps) and they lasted a lot longer. Its a pity the XHP50's went out so quick, they were nice but pretty pricey, Highs, Lows and Fogs cost me right around $500 for them all.

Also, when you install the Led's, make sure that they are oriented correctly (I think the little led squares will be at the 12 and 6 o'clock positions) or they will scatter more and make it harder to see at night. Around 5000k to 5500k is the kelvin rating that you want to get, any higher and the light is more blueish and visability is reduced during rain and inclement weather. Stock halogen is around 4300k and more yellow but 5000-5500k will work well. Good luck.

Tom

Back